Talk

Advanced search

A stone by Christmas

(344 Posts)
Shalll Mon 29-Oct-18 07:22:40

Is it possible and who will join me?

This stone has been with me for many years now since youngest was born... five years ago! I really want it gone especially as the weight is mainly around my middle.

So starting today:
Weight 11.8 stone or 75kg
Height 5.7 or 1.70

Using my fitness pal with target daily calories of 1,200. Aiming to reduce sugar / carbs and increase water intake. Exercise when possible but it's a juggling act with kids/work, maybe 3 workouts per week plus walk when I can.

Would love some company!

Arsenicinthesugarbowl Mon 29-Oct-18 21:57:51

shalll I’m 5 7 and weigh the same as you! It was a bit of a shock to get on the scales this morning. I too have a stone to lose but my plan is to stop eating sweets and puds (I’m a total sugar burner right now -find it hard to get full and crave chocolate) and to up my moving about! I honestly think I eat so much rubbish that even cutting a bit of it out should help grin

Shalll Mon 29-Oct-18 22:17:26

Wow 1100 calories that's impressive. Don't cut down too low though, I'm sure that's not good for you either!

Snap Arsenic. I've been horrified today on my first 'my fitness pal' day at the amount of calories I must have been consuming until
now. Therefore, surely it must be quite easy to lose some weight cutting out some of that excess?? Time will tell..

Right, my 1,200 calories and I are off to bed, and will resist the temptation to get on the scales in the morning!

SatsumaFan Mon 29-Oct-18 22:36:42

Wow, we are twins @Shalll !

Weighed myself for the first time in weeks this morning, as have been trying to focus on health, strength and happiness.

I'm 11st 8lbs, 5ft 7". You're not 37 as well are you OP?! grin

Would love to lose a stone by Christmas, as have a whole big stack of size 14 jeans/jeggings I can't get into. Have started buying size 16's again, which I told myself I would never do.

I'm listening to the Virtual Gastric Band hypnosis sessions on my phone and drinking 2L water a day to start with. Will also stop finishing the kid's meals and cut right down on sweet treats.

Good luck everyone! We can do it smile

SuzeD29 Tue 30-Oct-18 07:19:54

Hi can I join? I'm 5ft 5 and 11st 10lb. Aiming for 11st for xmas but my ultimate goal is 10st.

I'm not calorie counting just cutting out snacks and exercising more. If I really need a snack then my rule is fruit not crisps and biscuits which is usually turn to 😬

I've lost 12lb so far which I'm really pleased with because this weight has been hanging around since 2014

delilahgreen Tue 30-Oct-18 08:00:41

Oh I so need to join you if that's ok.

I'm not sure of my weight, I'm guessing around the 11.7 mark. I'm just off for a shower so I will weigh myself and report back. I am 5'4 and look massive, all the weight is being carried round my middle. It's making me really miserable and I look such a mess.

It doesn't help that all the Christmas food has started to appear in the supermarkets.

delilahgreen Tue 30-Oct-18 09:03:00

I have now weighed myself and I'm 11stone 1lb. That's actually cheered me up as I guessed that I would weigh 11stone 7lb.

muddledmidget Tue 30-Oct-18 10:42:39

Day 1 didn't go quite to plan on food, meals were healthy and planned but the snacks sneaked in! But fewer than normal and at least I'm thinking about what I'm eating, i.e., 2 biscuits rather than half a pack!

Exercise went well, went to the gym, started c25k and did 15000 steps.

So thank you for holding me accountable!
Today's plan
Breakfast: crumpets and low fat spread
Lunch: jacket potato with tuna and salad
Dinner: quorn chicken sandwich and a mugshot as I'm at work 2-11pm

Exercise: 10,000 steps

Have a good day everyone xx

2anddone Tue 30-Oct-18 11:00:18

Today could be a bad day I only have 900 calories remaining of my 1200 but I am out for dinner with my mum tonight who will insist I have dessert! I will attempt to order something healthy but I know my will power will have me ordering burgers and puddings!!

Shalll Tue 30-Oct-18 11:07:56

Satsuma we do seem to be twins!! I'm still squeezing in my size 14s but it's not a great look to be honest.

delilah what a pleasant surprise! You must be thrilled!!

Good luck for tonight 2anddone restaurants are hard. I usually find a fish option that looks good if I'm trying to be healthy... but can't resist puddings..

And your exercise looks really impressive muddledmidget. Definitely a lot of calories burned there.

I resisted the temptation to weight myself this morning. Same breakfast as yesterday (Skyr with blueberries). Not sure what I'll have for lunch, I am unexpectedly without DC as they're over at friends' houses. Going to make the most of it and get on the exercise bike.

Huntlybyelection Tue 30-Oct-18 11:08:48

I will join you if that's ok?
I'm 5ft7 and 76kg. I want to lose weight, 6kg would be excellent, but most of all I want to get my core strong and lose what looks like a 6 month pregnant belly. I'm not pregnant.

Just back from a holiday and I need to get a handle on my sugar consumption. And keep going with the exercise - currently run 3 times a week and just started body pump to try and build upper body muscle. I've also bought the Bodyboss Method book (£42. Wincing at the cost but I need that motivation) to get myself toned up.

I do the 5:2 diet but over eat on days in not working so I need to take control.

Here's to losing weight and getting stronger!

RhubarbCrumbled Tue 30-Oct-18 12:03:09

I'm doing WW (again) as it's worked before, I'm just rubbish at maintenance. I've messed about with WW and various faddy diets over the last two years and really just need to go all in on one diet, ignore the rest and not worry about eating carbs / fat / the wrong veg. I got myself into a mess with eating by reading the fad diets (and I know WW is a fad) and then feeling bad about eating the wrong sort of everything and then just eating everything bad....and the spiral went on!

So, I have 23 points a day and 28 weeklies. Yesterday was 27 overall:
B: porridge with water, ff yogurt and blueberries (5)
L: turkey salad, apples, popchips and nakd bar (10)
D: Lamb stew (9)
Snacks: Milk (3)

I did my full 10k steps which is 10 fitpoints.

2anddone Tue 30-Oct-18 12:54:01

I am using my fitness pal just had butternut squash soup for lunch, with no bread. Feeling full at the moment but making Halloween biscuits with dn after lunch and hoping I can keep away from them!!

WithAFaeryHandInHand Tue 30-Oct-18 14:07:47

I’m doing WW too rhubarb. It’s changed since I did it last and I think for the better.

I’ve had to buy a few more WW friendly foods this time though, as last time I just ate whatever and logged it - more like MFP really. That’s probably why they had to change it! Why pay for WW if it’s just like MFP which is free?

Today isn’t going brilliantly. I am under the weather, the baby is poorly, the house is a mess and I just want to sleep and eat stuff.

I’m off on holiday this weekend too, but I will be trying to stick to WW if I can.

I get 28 daily points, plus 35 weekly. I don’t know why so many, except that I’m partially bfing, (ds also has some formula and solid food too). Hope I can still lose weight though. If not, maybe I’ll change my settings to disregard bfing...

Good luck resisting the cookies 2anddone! Home baking is my downfall. I hate throwing it away and Dh doesn’t really have a sweet tooth so he’s no help. Dcs are too little to put away half a cake grin.

Hope everyone’s having a better day than I am.

littlemisssmiley Tue 30-Oct-18 14:12:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HollyBen Tue 30-Oct-18 14:53:18

Hello all! Day 2 almost over for me (GMT +8). Pretty good day:
Breakfast: 2 weetabix with skimmed milk and sliced banana
Lunch: Jacket potato with a little butter, roast chicken and salad
Dinner: Homemade chilli with rice and a handful of doritos
Snacks: Boiled egg, fruit salad (apple, kiwi and grapes), a couple of marshmallows (making ghosts for DSs nursery haloween party tomorrow)
Excercise: 15min Body Coach HIIT 12k stepz

Boredofdieting Tue 30-Oct-18 15:43:34

Reading some good days (and good tips for ice-cream- always appreciated!), and it's exactly 8 weeks till Christmas! Even with the inevitable pre-Christmas boozings it should be possible to lose the guts of a stone … fingers crossed!

SuzeD29 Tue 30-Oct-18 16:47:59

today I had a banana and coffee for breakfast, chicken gratin salad for lunch and will be having sausage, mash, veg and Yorkshire pud for dinner. Snacks were 2 satsumas. Will probably have a Tia Maria later as it's been a stressful day with meetings. No exercise today 😬 just hasn't been time. I weigh in Monday morning

Shalll Tue 30-Oct-18 16:52:09

Goodnight Hollyben, sounds like a super healthy day!

I've had

Breakfast - Skyr and blueberries
Lunch - Veggie wrap with veggie crisps
Snack - Two apples

Also had 30 minutes exercise bike session. MFP tells me I can have 500kcal for dinner..

Had my eyebrows done today which does make me feel better about myself.

SatsumaFan Tue 30-Oct-18 18:02:01

Some super healthy days here! I've had a bit of a bad day in that I've barely moved off the sofa, and haven't drunk 2ltrs of water or listened to my hypnosis...and now I'm drinking red wine hmm

B: shreddies with fresh berries
L: brown roll with pulled pork, a little sprinkle of cheese and coleslaw, lots of salad
S: grapes, blueberries and raspberries and a can of Pepsi Max
D: Lasagne, garlic bread and salad (finished the dc's ffs)

My problem is that I have mild IBS and things like fruit, salad, veg and fizzy drinks trigger it so I'm now very windy blush Chocolate and crisps don't have this effect grin

CabotCoveMaine Tue 30-Oct-18 19:16:48

Also in, have about 5 stone to lose total but anything is a start!

I’ve just been diagnosed with PCOS though and have found it challenging to shift the weight previously. Anybody else in a similar situation? Might start with low GI...hmm

BitOutOfPractice Tue 30-Oct-18 20:57:35

Hello! Checking in >salutes the thread>

I've had a super golden halo type day.

B: yogurt and raspberries with home made granola (posh!)

L: Chinese pork balls with stir fried pak choi

D: bulgar wheat risotto with chicken and artichoke

S: chicken teriyaki biyltes.

That brings me in at 798 calories. I've run 5km and walked for half an hour too.

Can you see it? Can you see my halo shining?

SatsumaFan Tue 30-Oct-18 21:16:42

Quick! Someone hand me some sunglasses - I'm being blinded by shine on @BitOutOfPractice's halo! grin Well done! Stupendous day for you halo star

BitOutOfPractice Tue 30-Oct-18 21:26:46

I’m positively holy I tell you! DP is next to me drinking red wine. I. Must. Resist.

Shalll Tue 30-Oct-18 21:44:01

Ooh wow Bitoutofpractice that is amazing! Resist the red wine!!

It was all going so well and then I had pasta for dinner. With creamy sauce. But also with prawns and I only had a small portion, honest! Still, no halo for me 

RhubarbCrumbled Tue 30-Oct-18 22:32:40

Shalll that’s not a bad dinner - your halo’s obvs just a bit tarnished! I’ve managed to resist the wine, chocolate and ‘spare’ chips mum has been pushing tonight. She’s a feeder.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »