Talk

Advanced search

Starting today (not tomorrow) - three stone to go!

(222 Posts)
HettyPain Sun 28-Oct-18 07:50:19

Does anyone want to join me? I'm heavier than I've ever been and need to sort it. Not following a particular plan as I never stick to them. Am hoping chatting here will keep me on track.

Snacking is my biggest downfall!

Will weigh in shortly but am around the 13 stone mark.

HettyPain Thu 03-Jan-19 10:22:28

Hi all

Groovie, so glad you're still doing well and hope you enjoyed the skiiing!

Familyofaliens, thanks for sharing your story. Brilliant to hear of a success, well done too!

I've gone in totally the wrong direction and have gained weight again. Now at 82.1kg. Was going to hide away and avoid this post but I'm so determined to sort myself out! Would love to smash out some spinning sessions and intense runs but my body won't let me. So I have to sort out my diet once and for all. It starts now!

I've heard good things about the 30 day shred. A lot of people do the 30 days of yoga too. Not sure how much the latter would burn off, but some people have told me it makes them feel a whole lot better.

I have a target of walking at least 3 miles a day for January. And cutting out most of the junk food. The odd treat will be allowed. Just not biscuits, more biscuits and yet more.

GroovieGazelloo Thu 03-Jan-19 11:59:11

Hi Hetty, Good to hear from you too. You said you went in the wrong direction. Yesterday,I also went in a strange direction. I had a very good day and then I sat down with my DH to have an aperitif before our meal. That was really silly because all my efforts during the day were wasted and, weight-wiseI haven't budged at all - of course. I'm glad you didn't hide away Hetty. Your post has helped me not to feel so alone with my silliness from yesterday.

So, today I have done some cleaning and tidying which has meant that other jobs have been put on hold. That sort of thing can be a time which triggers my stress and I can turn to food to avoid pacing myself. I am going to do my best to stay calm and not turn to food like that today.

Also, I'm going to try and have a glass of water when my husband sits down with his aperitif tonight. It will probably be hard for me. But I can't have everything can I ! Be slim, do no exercise and eat and drink anything I fancy.

So, talking about exercise, here I go. I'm about to get ready to do the 30D shred W1 D1. Eeeek shock

HettyPain Sun 06-Jan-19 22:15:55

Ah, don't beat yourself up over an aperitif smile. How's the shred going? I'm back at work tomorrow and hoping that'll help me avoid the snacking!

HettyPain Mon 07-Jan-19 19:21:36

I'm very pleased to be back in the right direction. Am down to 81.6kg today, so have lost .5kg in 4 days. This makes me happy!

How are you all doing?

GroovieGazelloo Mon 07-Jan-19 19:31:40

Hi Hetty,
That's lovely news. What a lovely start to the New Year !
I'll be checking in tomorrow with my current weight. I had a weekend away with in-laws and we were still celebrating Christmas (with everything that that involved.😌)
Even so, I've been exercising so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for things to be reasonable. 😊

HettyPain Mon 07-Jan-19 21:14:08

Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

GroovieGazelloo Mon 07-Jan-19 21:21:04

Thanks 🙏🏼 smile

GroovieGazelloo Tue 08-Jan-19 11:55:59

Really pleased . I lost 1kg since last week. 😁

GroovieGazelloo Tue 08-Jan-19 11:56:45

I'm also happy to feel more in tune with myself. smile

HettyPain Tue 08-Jan-19 18:07:10

Brilliant, well done! I've managed to survive a day with just cereals and salad so far. Remarkable!

GroovieGazelloo Tue 08-Jan-19 18:42:39

Hoping that's what's good for you Hetty.
I've just had some soup before my evening meal because otherwise I'm so hungry by the time it's ready I've already started nibbling. And we all know where that can lead...
So far a good day here then. Need to stay sensible this evening. grinGood luck with your evening too Hetty.smile

HettyPain Mon 04-Feb-19 22:39:14

How's it going Groovie? And others if around!

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for 12 weeks of Slimming World. Never done it before. Wish me luck! I'm also back at the gym. It's an expensive time!

RubySlippers77 Tue 05-Feb-19 23:30:03

What do you think of SW Hetty? I did it when I first lost my baby weight, did find it a bit of a faff at first, but got into it after a while. My local groups were rubbish though!

It's the TOTM when I feel about 90 stone and am thoroughly exhausted. Hoping to feel much better in a few days' time.....

HettyPain Tue 05-Feb-19 23:45:49

Hello smile

I'm thinking it must be too good to be true. Unlimited pasta, my dream. Will have to wait and see the results. I'm missing wine. You can have it but not as much as I'd like!

HettyPain Thu 07-Feb-19 23:00:19

2kg down, very pleased!

Accountant222 Thu 07-Feb-19 23:55:43

Love to join I'm just back from holiday, laid in bed feeling like a beached whale

Accountant222 Thu 07-Feb-19 23:58:32

Sorry only just noticed it's quite an old thread

HettyPain Fri 08-Feb-19 17:41:01

Join us. There aren't many of us left and I've only just started again!

charlottelouise1234 Sat 09-Feb-19 20:01:18

I am in!! Been trying to do weight watchers or slimming world for months and not got in to the hang of it! Yesterday I decided to retry Paul mckenna and listened to it it at bed time. Hasn't been the most successful day and had a chocolate binge after a sugar crash mod afternoon then the thoughts of f**k it I'l order a takeaway came. For the first time I ate only half the burger and half the sides so I am trying to think that is a slight improvement 😂 I have at least 2 stone but probably more 3 stone to my target.

muddledmidget Sun 10-Feb-19 17:57:31

Hi I'm back again. To be honest I don't remember joining this thread but it's on my list... January went ok and I'm down 7lbs to 11st7 and February isn't going too badly, although I've given up chocolate so that should make a big difference

HettyPain Sun 10-Feb-19 21:25:02

Hope all is going ok Charlotte.

Hello muddled. Well done, you're doing amazingly well. Hope that carries on.

HettyPain Sun 17-Mar-19 12:51:39

Anyone still going on this? I'm 11.5 pounds lighter than I was when I restarted. Pretty pleased with that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »