Talk

Advanced search

Cambridge diet

(4 Posts)
user1495714029 Thu 25-Oct-18 22:52:49

Hello all,

I have today started the Cambridge diet, I need to lose 4 stone 10lbs, but it seem like an impossible task. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and Fibromyalgia so its really difficult for me to exercise, this has contributed to my weight gain.

It would be good to hear from anyone who has recently started the diet, or anyone that has managed to lose weight this way.

I am feeling very hungry this evening, it would be good to know what to expect over the next few weeks.

OP’s posts: |
MrsTWH Sat 27-Oct-18 18:04:51

Hi user, I started Cambridge yesterday. I felt awful today - almost hungover. Apparently this is normal for a few days. I’m concerned about having to eat this way for 60 days!! How are you getting on?

ChickenDinnerChecky Sun 28-Oct-18 16:05:10

Yep ive been doing it for the last three and a half weeks. I’ve lost 16 lbs already which I should why I am continuing. You do get used to it, but I am on step 2 so have semi normal food to eat at tea time. I wouldn’t be able to do it otherwise!

I deliberately started on a Thursday so the worst couple of days were at the weekend.
It’s definitely hard but actually, once you get into it, not that bad.

I know it’s only short term and I will definitely take Christmas off and then go to a higher step if I haven’t already.

Even though I’ve lots a stone and a bit already no fucker has noticed which is pissing me off but I’m sure it will be more noticeable soon!
Good luck!

user1495714029 Sat 10-Nov-18 17:58:51

Hi all,

thank you for your reply's, I didn't get on well at all, terrible headache for day's and was just starving. So I have switched over to the Keto diet instead, I am finding this much easier as I can eat real food all the time and lots of it. I have already lost 6 this week and if I count the calories 1500-1600 daily I should lose 2-3 lbs weekly. For anyone else that is struggling have a look at the Diet doctor website, I also found an app which had loads of recipes which was great when I was shopping as it gives you an easy break down of what you need to buy.

At least I now know i'm no good at starving.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in