Talk

Advanced search

Help!!

(2 Posts)
Zazu44 Sun 30-Sep-18 12:49:49

Ok so I am overweight and have tried most diets out there and need to lose about 3 stone ....trouble is I stick to nothing longer than 2 weeks, I jump from diet to diet and worst of all I stuff my face with crap, eat slyly, hide food, whilst keeping it all a secret. Really don't know what to do, I think it's so out of control that Ive given up, please can anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
Idefix Sun 30-Sep-18 19:38:33

Zazu what types of diets have you tried? Is the sneaking food when you are 'dieting'? Some eating plans make it very hard to succeed. You need an eating plan that will leave you so sated that you won't want to eat anything else.

Have a look at lower carb healthy fats diets/ways of eating . These will for most people sort out the physical desire to eat as you just won't feel hungry. But there is an emotional side that may also need to be met. What do you want to gain from changing your weight? Improved health? Increased energy? Reduced joint pain?

Do you do anything to enable you to be accountable about your behaviour So? This can help, ww and sw or an online space all help with this.

Consider what is ambushing your attempts to eat more healthily. It is cheesey but you have to feel that you are worth it and deserve to be a better healthier you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in