Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight while TTC?

(5 Posts)
daydreamdaisy Wed 26-Sep-18 08:23:29

Hello! Hoping some wise women can advise...

I am a healthy BMI, but now edging towards the overweight, I've put on about a stone as I used to be in the middle/lower end of the healthy range. Never been underweight.

I would really like to slowly try and lose a bit, as my clothes are too tight and I've developed a belly for the first time in ages!

However, I am currently TTC my first and am really wary of doing anything that will hurt my chances as I am really yearning for a baby. Is it safe to sensibly drop a bit of weight?

I've been eating tons of junk/big portions over the summer so I was planning on just cutting that out, lowering the sugar and empty carbs and sticking to healthy stuff 3 meals a day like porridge, veg, whole grains and limiting snacks. Any advice much appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
Frazzlerock Fri 28-Sep-18 10:11:49

Hi @daydreamdaisy, we are TTC as well (4th cycle now)

I have PCOS so have started cutting things out like dairy, gluten (quite frankly impossible) and sugar. It's making me miserable though. I keep thinking it will be worth it when I finally get to hold out rainbow baby.
And actually, cutting down on all that lovely stuff has resulted in a normal 25 day cycle! They have been 40-50 days since we started TTC. It's either a coincidence or there really is something in it...

I could do with a bit of a handhold as I am finding food utterly boring now.

daydreamdaisy Sun 30-Sep-18 10:42:11

@Frazzlerock just saw this thank you! I think I'm going to follow a similar idea and just try and eat as 'clean' (hate that word but can't think of another) as possible! Fingers crossed it helps my cycle too! Best of luck to you on this one smile

daydreamdaisy Sun 30-Sep-18 10:42:45

Although I think cutting down on sugar is going to be really tough so I will soon be feeling your pain!

Waitingonasmiley42 Sun 30-Sep-18 10:44:00

Both times I’ve gotten pregnant it’s been after dieting and losing weight. I was the same and upper end of healthy BMI and wanted to lose a little. As long as you don’t crash diet it’ll be absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in