My weight is not shifting! Its been 3 months..

(8 Posts)
Rory786 Fri 21-Sep-18 14:12:26

Hi everyone, I am 35 and I have 5 children. I am currently heavier now than when I was pregnant.
I am 5'6 and 11 stone 6ibs. I would love to lose a stone and would love to be 10stone something.

I am fairly active, running after the kids and I am really trying to cut down on junk. I don't eat after 7pm and its really depressing I still feel heavy.
I used to be 32A and now I am double D! My back is killing me and I look frumpy!
Any advice to kick start my weight loss?

OP’s posts: |
Blobby10 Fri 21-Sep-18 14:14:46

Hi Rory - best advice I can give you is to join MyFitnessPal, get the app on your phone and weight and measure EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. I guarantee will be eating way more calories that you burn running round after the kids.

The other thing to remember is that weightloss isn't linear and it will take a long time. Aim for 0.5-1lb a week.

AjasLipstick Fri 21-Sep-18 14:16:53

Unfortunately running after the kids isn't enough. You don't have a huge amount to lose so it's a bit harder.

I had to lose a similar amount and I'm the same height as you, though I'm older at 45.

I had to REALLY up my activity levels and do more than "try" to cut down junk.

I completely cut out all processed foods....except on weekends when I allowed myself EITHER a small portion of chips or a small bar of chocolate.

The rest of the week I ate three meals a day...very healthy meals, lots of vegetable curry/soup, lean chicken and salads....porrige etc.

No biscuits or anything like that at all.

And I walked up to 8 miles per day because I hate swimming and can't run due to a bad ankle.

Rory786 Fri 21-Sep-18 16:52:31

Thanks Blobby10 and AjasLipstick, I did MyFitnessPal before so will go back to it.
Unfortunately I live in a very rural area so I need to drive kids to school, when I lived in the city I walked everywhere. I have to make time for exercise, its so depressing how my metabolism has slowed right down!

FellSwoop Sun 23-Sep-18 16:03:53

I'm 35, 5ft 5" and 9st 5lbs. 5 months ago I was 11 stone. I have done virtually no exercise and eat what I want...the only thing I've changed was quitting drinking. I was drinking pretty at least a bottle of wine 4 or 5 nights a week. So I've dropped a vast amount of empty calories as well as the bad hangover food choices.
So, if you drink, then I suggest you give it a try.

Rory786 Sun 23-Sep-18 16:43:56

Thank you fellswoop, I am teetotal.

Tomorrow I will do 1200 calories and at least 20 mins of exercise. I am determined to lose the flab. 3 people this summer asked if I was expecting shock

Alice2510 Sun 23-Sep-18 16:52:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Advertisement

BIWI Sun 23-Sep-18 17:13:31

This is the third post where you're spamming the boards with that link.
Please stop!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in