Talk

Advanced search

Can I tone up and lose inches in 8 weeks?

(7 Posts)
Leatherboundanddown Sat 11-Aug-18 14:08:53

I want to look good for my wedding. I am already watching what I eat but am a bit clueless. Would it be better to diet eating low calories and do cardio exercise, or something else?

What should I be eating and how often should I be doing exercise?

I have an active job involving lifting for 2 days a week and walk my dog 1-2 times per day.

Realistically if I really stick to it how many lbs do you think I could lose in 8 weeks exactly?

Kleptronic Sat 11-Aug-18 14:13:38

That depends on your age, weight and height really. However with a low carb high fat diet (there are others that would work too of course) followed to the letter and 3 exercise sessions a week you could lose 6-10lbs and possibly more.

Leatherboundanddown Sat 11-Aug-18 14:15:17

Do you mean 6-10lbs a week or in total?

I am 30. Petite build, 5ft 2 and 9.5 stone currently. I used to be 7.5 stone for years. Then was around 8 but have put on lots recently

FATEdestiny Sat 11-Aug-18 14:35:18

It sounds like you're already fit and healthy, so it's vanity pounds you're looking to lose. Which is fine, it's doable.

You should be able to lose half a stone, maybe even a stone, in 8 weeks. You are very unlikely to lose the 2 stone to take you to 7.5.

When you walk the dog, could you it trainers on and try for running? If not, imagine you're late and walk really fast. The idea is to get your heart rate up, so your breathing gets laboured.

Also up the distance of the dog walk. It's approximately 1000 steps for 1k. So a 5k walk/run would be good for calorie burn.

Then try to eat low calorie foods. Have at least half your plate as above-ground veg every meal. And make the other half low fat protein/meat. Avoid cards (bread, pasta, rice, oats) and anything with sugar in.

Kleptronic Sat 11-Aug-18 16:09:13

6-10lb in total. Yes I agree, running 5kx3 a week would be helpful along with some form of calorie restriction.

Leatherboundanddown Sat 11-Aug-18 16:21:17

Ok thank you. I have already started the eating mainly meat and veg and have cut out alcohol completely and sugar almost totally so far.

OohOohMrPeevly Wed 15-Aug-18 23:16:19

You can lose more than 6-10 pounds in eight weeks if you low carb and stay off the sugar and alcohol.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: