Talk

Advanced search

No motivation

(6 Posts)
mummyto3blessings2018 Thu 02-Aug-18 11:55:02

Hi. I had my DD 23 weeks ago. I'm over weight, miserable and depressed. I've got no motivation what so ever. I know what I should be doing and eating but I always fall back to eating rubbish. I put my weight on just before I got pregnant with DD as I was always in hospital for long stays with my 1 year DD who I sadly lost to cancer in January aged just 2 year old. I just don't feel happy... just numb. I need a kick up the butt to lose weight and to keep fit.
Is anybody else struggling with weight loss for whatever reason and what are your motivations ?

OP’s posts: |
Coolchameleon Thu 02-Aug-18 13:58:36

I am so so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you have been through. flowers

How much are you looking to lose? I need to lose at least 4 stones so wouldn’t mind joining you.

bastardkitty Thu 02-Aug-18 14:02:01

No kicks up the butt from me. I'm so sad to hear that you lost your little daughter. Have you had time and space to start to grieve? Have you seen a counsellor or therapist? You must have so much to cope with right now. Do you feel low in general? Are you sleeping? What support do you have? X

mummyto3blessings2018 Thu 02-Aug-18 14:36:15

At least 2 stone. im starting counciling shortly along with my older daughter. I feel low but just try to ignore it. I have to put my feelings aside for my other 2 DD. They need a mom. I have a great partner too as well as family but they are all dealing with their own grief. This is something only I can do... It's just about the weight loss now. Thankyou all for your kind words

Coolchameleon Thu 02-Aug-18 14:57:43

Do you have a weight loss plan which you will follow? I am just going to try to eat less and moving more is an issue as I also got two young ones.

I cannot understand what you must be going through. Good that you are starting counselling soon. I also got a DD who will be 3 months in two days. And sadly I lost my father very suddenly when she was 22 days old so I do understand grief a little when just becoming a mother. I have a toddler who’s 2.6 this month so it’s all go go go all day. I imagine it’s the same in your household! So it’s hard to find time for yourself. Good luck, let’s keep going!

mummyto3blessings2018 Thu 02-Aug-18 15:15:45

😊

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in