Talk

Advanced search

Feeling like crap today

(2 Posts)
LlamaPyjamas Thu 02-Aug-18 10:51:08

Instagram and Facebook is FULL of photos of women who didn’t get a single stretch mark and pinged back into shape. They’re posting photos 2-3 months after giving birth and their stomachs are almost perfect again.

I got HUGE through no fault of my own. My baby was over 11lb and there was lots of fluid. From about 30 weeks pregnant I cried every day because more stretch marks had appeared overnight and I was powerless to stop them. I just had to sit there and watch my body be destroyed, becoming more and more scarred every day. Then I had an emergency caesarean and dropped 2st overnight.

So now I’m covered in stretch marks and my stomach is ruined. My skin stretched so much it hangs loosely like an apron. I’m 6 months post partum so I doubt if it’s going to tighten up any more.

I still have about 1.5st to lose. I thought breastfeeding and not drinking would make the weight drop off but it hasn’t. I’m terrified that the apron of skin will look even worse as I lose weight.

Please don’t tell me it’s worth it for having my beautiful baby. You don’t have to pay for your baby with your stomach, as proved by these women who all have beautiful babies and still have perfect stomachs as well. I am literally crying every day so much that DH has got rid of all the mirrors in our house.

OP’s posts: |
OohOohMrPeevly Thu 02-Aug-18 21:58:46

So sorry to read your post but please realise that these women on instagram are the exception rather than the rule. If you look at most new mums in the street most of them look nothing like the instagram mums. The reason people follow these women on social media is because their lives appear to be fabulous but in reality most of us have flabby bits and stretch marks and cellulite. It takes most people at least a year to get back to normal after having a baby so it's early days yet. Don't be so hard on yourself and enjoy your baby. It sounds like your DH is supportive if he's moved the mirrors to stop you being upset - maybe he could look after the baby whilst you go to the hairdressers or get a manicure or something that makes you feel good about yourself.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in