Talk

Advanced search

8 Pounds in 4 Weeks - Possible?!

(10 Posts)
Reed88 Wed 25-Jul-18 11:03:51

Ok guys I need help to lose 8 pounds in 4 weeks! I have a special do coming up and I have to look good!!!!

How many calories should I be having a day to reach this goal?

OP’s posts: |
Bingpot Wed 25-Jul-18 11:05:59

Yes it's possible - do alternate day fasting if it's safe/healthy for you to.

Reed88 Wed 25-Jul-18 13:37:42

Is there a way without fasting?!

Like cutting down calories and exercising - that should help surely!

I don't fancy fasting and looking for it to stay off as well. Hmm 8 pounds may not be doable but I will settle for 5!

haribosmarties Wed 25-Jul-18 13:44:05

thats very possible! I lost around 3 to 4 lbs a week when I was doing slimming world for my wedding and I didnt fast!
Didnt go to the gym either but I did walk for at least an hour and a half a day (which was easy for me because of where I live!)
I lost just over 4 stone in the end!
Just ate tonnes of vegetables before eating the rest of meals. Forced myself to always eat a plate of veg before any other food I was about to eat... meant I was always too full to gorge on crap.
Didnt count calories really (apart from looking at what treat I could have at the end of a week to make sure it wasnt massively full of calories)
Another top tip from me is to eat plain porridge with water for breakfast as its really really filling so again youll be less likely to eat loads of crap. Hopefully you like porridge lol!
Also limited milk and bread a lot.

Reed88 Wed 25-Jul-18 14:00:40

Oh amazing haribosmarties!

My diet at the moment consists of:

Marmite on toast for breakfast - I like porridge but the portion size recommended in the sachets doesn't feel me up haha! Toast always fills me up and keeps me going for 4 hours.

A veg pot from sainsburys for lunch / soup

And either vegetable mash with vegetables for dinner or another veg pot.

Snacks if I get peckish in the day are mini cheddars - but only allow myself up to 5 so its 100 cals.

I also drink tea, coffee or sometimes have a highlights hot choc in the eve.

So I'm thinking cut out the snacks and only drink water!

And absolutely no rich tea biscuits.

Do you think aiming for 1200 or 1300 will work? The most i have is 1500 ish anyway!

Reed88 Wed 25-Jul-18 14:01:15

Oh I mean't either a veg pot or some lentil soup for lunch!

Reed88 Wed 25-Jul-18 14:01:43

And not mini cheddars - just the normal ones. Not that this makes a difference haha!

Reed88 Wed 25-Jul-18 14:02:41

I have put on weight so just under 9 stone and I need to get back to 8 1/2 stone in 4 weeks!

Babyg1995 Thu 26-Jul-18 10:18:47

I lost that amount in 2 weeks but with a meal replacement plan.

Reed88 Thu 26-Jul-18 14:39:25

Oh cool! Yes I'm back in the game - have booked my exercise classes. Have also talked to a personal trainer I know and they have already agreed to give me a morning wake up call to get my arse out of bed for an early morning run. Hmm we will see if that comes to fruition haha!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in