Best bathroom scales for carpeted floor

(7 Posts)
calamariqueen Mon 18-Jun-18 09:18:03

Can I ask what your recommendations are for bathroom scales on a carpeted floor would be please?

I've been using my regular scales in the shower but I can lose/gain a few pounds depending on where they're placed so would like something a little more reliable!!

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
emmaluvseeyore Mon 18-Jun-18 09:20:34

I don’t think you’ll get accurate scales on carpet. I make sure I put my scales in the same place every week. If you’re doing that, it will show your weight loss. I place mine in the living room as it’s got the hardest floor in the house.

sadieissadie Mon 18-Jun-18 11:36:59

You won't get an accurate result on carpet. They must be on a hard floor, preferably never moved. This was the advice I was given by Salter when I complained about my scales not being accurate.

PurpleStarInCashmereSky Mon 18-Jun-18 15:23:42

Yeah it won't happen. Your best bet might be to use the proper scales in Boots or the gym once a week.

calamariqueen Mon 18-Jun-18 15:57:15

But I can't be naked in boots!!!!

Maybe a weekly weigh in rather than an obsessive everyday weigh might be better?

BarbaraofSevillle Thu 21-Jun-18 09:33:02

I put my scales on a spare shelf out of an ikea wardrobe and it seems to work despite our bedroom carpet being really thick and plush. Scales live in the bedroom under the bed.

Weighing more not less is scientifically more accurate, it makes you get used to natural fluctuations that have nothing to do with the amount of body fat you have.

Weighing once a week means that you have no idea if you are on a 'heavy' day (fluid retention, need a poo, food and drink still in your system etc) or if you have more body fat than you did last week. If you weigh daily and just look at the trends over time (there are apps that do this) itis more reliable.

calamariqueen Thu 21-Jun-18 11:06:48

I think I have to agree @BarbaraofSevillle - according to my dodgy scales I've lost 2.8kgs since Monday. I'm lucky if I can lose 1/wk usually so think there's hormones involved here. Will compare with next week, but fully expect there to be an unfair weight gain in a couple of weeks!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in