Talk

Advanced search

I'm a fat duck and it needs to stop.

(3 Posts)
alwaysontimeneverlate Mon 18-Jun-18 06:55:43

Hello all. I am very overweight and need to do something about it. I have no will power At all I've done slimming world and weight watchers in the past and lost weight but after a few weeks or a gain loose interest.
Does anyone have any suggestions of things I could try. I need to loose the weight for my health and my children. Help.

Johnnycomelately1 Mon 18-Jun-18 08:07:47

Take a life long view. Make small changes and embed each one ( at least one week, ideally two) before you move on. Drink 8 glasses of water a day is a good place to start. Then add ‘eat 5 portions of veg each day’, then ‘lean protein at each meal’. Try to focus on positives ‘do x’ rather than negatives ‘don’t do y’. Each time you make a new ‘habit’ have a plan as to how you’ll achieve it. For example I take a lunchbox of raw veg to work every day. That’s my 5 so even if I don’t eat any other veg, I’ve hit my target. I also hard boil eggs in advance for a protein rich breakfast. Habits and planning are really important.

Myownwendyhouse Mon 18-Jun-18 18:52:21

I have lost over half a stone in a month. I tried on an old pair of trousers this morning and not only could I get them on they did up.
I think losing weight is easier when u can start to see actual results like that.

I tried on my favourite jeans and they now go on but I think in about three weeks they will do up. Can't wait.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: