Talk

Advanced search

How do you stay focused?

(3 Posts)
ChocEggNoThanks Tue 29-May-18 19:04:17

Just that really. I have lost just over a stone but at least 1.5 - 2.5 more to go and I'm losing my mojo a bit. How do you keep yourself motivated?

OP’s posts: |
FuzzyCustard Tue 29-May-18 19:08:11

I wish I knew the answer to this one! I've lost almost a stone with another one to go and am craving tiramisu.

It helps that DH is also on a weight loss plan with me, but he's away for a few days which makes it harder.

I do love it when I get on the scales and the numbers have gone down, so I try to remember that feeling. I'd be motivated if people said how much slimmer I look, but that hasn't happened yet.

Gymntonic Tue 29-May-18 19:46:18

I find it helps to have a short term goal, like two pounds before a party in a fortnight, or fit into a pair of shorts by holiday. Anything really . Also come on here and join whatever thread is starting up cos nobody irl cares about me losing half a pound or whatever - it is boring let's be honest.I also weigh my self daily ATM. Every day can be a mini success that way.
I do think it helps to shake weight loss methods every now and then. I've followed lchf , 16/8 Mediterranean diet etc. And switch my exercise targets and activities every month or so.
Also tracking on mfp shows weight loss over months to help me realise that although progretis slow, it all adds up to make a difference.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in