Signed up to Jane Plan

(8 Posts)
Devilishpyjamas Tue 29-May-18 08:11:09

Anyone here tried it?

I hate the thought of pre-packaged bleurgh food but it seems a good way to retrain my understanding of portion size and to stop me eating the kid’s food. Takes away the thinking and time involved in making changes.

So signed up to one month, (may add one more depending on how hideous it is, am away in August so will stop it then). Have gone for 5 days a week,not because I want weekends off, but because I am travelling to the other side of the country at least twice a month and travelodges aren’t really set up for it.

Losing a stone would bring me back into healthy weight, although I’d like to lose 2 stone (would be lower-mid healthy band with 2 stone).

It’s being delivered next Monday, so will prob start with lunch or dinner then.

OP’s posts: |
RunMummyRun68 Tue 29-May-18 10:08:32

So what eating plan are you doing between now and next monday?

What do you get for your money?

Devilishpyjamas Tue 29-May-18 10:42:53

Not really doing one - just cutting out snacks/wine etc. My eldest son is in hospital the other side of the country so I have to go up and see him (& not eat piles of sweets as I usually do - it’s an 8 hour drive each way - sure that’s why I’ve put on so much weight in the last 8 months!)

You get sent all the food & snacks for the plan. (Or in my case for 5 days a week). You add a certain amount of dairy and 5 portions of fresh fruit/veg a day.

bbcessex Thu 31-May-18 08:39:07

Yep.. been on it for 4 weeks now and lost a stone.

Really pleased with it; the food is pre-packaged but very nice.. you add your own veg etc.

Convenient to throw in your bag and not think about. Pricey but worth it (for me!)

Devilishpyjamas Fri 01-Jun-18 16:36:48

Oh good bbc - that’s what I need. And wow that’s amazing in 1 month.

I arranged for the food to be delivered on Monday so will start then. How many months did you sign up for?

bbcessex Fri 01-Jun-18 17:28:30

I’ve signed up for 3 months.. hope to lose 2 stone in total on JP. The portion size has really opened my eyes to how much perspective I’d lost - even with cereal.

I am so much more aware now.

bbcessex Fri 01-Jun-18 17:30:28

None of the food needs refrigerating, and the cous cous Etc can be eaten as is.

Like you I’ve gone for the ‘weekends off’ option - I have one night of food & booze a week!

Advertisement

Devilishpyjamas Fri 01-Jun-18 19:59:12

Not so much weekends - but i’m having to travel across the country at least twice a month, so those will be my nights off smile

I am hoping to re-educate my stomach re portion sizes!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in