Talk

Advanced search

2lb a week for 4 weeks, doable?

(3 Posts)
killinginthenameof Tue 08-May-18 17:26:35

I have never had to lose weight this quickly before! Have a holiday booked 4 weeks today. I need to fit into last summers wardrobe, 8lb will do it nicely. Would be very grateful for any tips! I usually lose weight by having one hearty meal a day and skipping the other two meals, but the weight loss is too slow for this! I'm 5 ft 1 and 9 stone 3.

OP’s posts: |
Mivery Tue 08-May-18 20:03:00

That's a really tight timeline, but not impossible. Losing 2 lbs a week isn't crazy, but you're not leaving yourself any room for error.

If you aren't already start counting your calories. www.myfitnesspal.com/ is a fantastic free app you can use to keep track of everything you're eating and drinking to make sure you're not exceeding your daily limit.

At your weight a 1500 calorie diet should be enough to create a deficit on it's own, so any exercise you can do on top of that is only going to help you achieve your target weight on your tight schedule. Most people go straight for cardio, but weight lifting/body weight exercises are a much more efficient way to burn fat. I'm a big fan of Beachbody workouts and their blog has a ton of free exercises available that you can can fit in while you'd otherwise by sitting at home (though some will require you to have a pair of dumbbells):
Shoulders: www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/shoulder-workouts-at-home
Back: www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/best-back-workouts-exercises
Arms: www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/best-arm-workouts-exercises

Also, make sure you're staying properly hydrated! Most people don't even get close to what our body needs on a daily basis, so try to stay on top of this too (another place an app can help!). You'll probably be surprised how much of a difference this makes on your metabolism and appetite!

killinginthenameof Tue 08-May-18 20:25:52

Wow thanks so much! That's so helpful and encouraging.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in