Talk

Advanced search

Help re MyFitnessPal?

(5 Posts)
Honeybee79 Sun 22-Apr-18 15:11:32

Hi all - need a bit of advice! I have about a stone to lose and have decided to count calories and track using MyFitnessPal, but I'm struggling to log meals on there. It's fine if you want to log, say, a banana, or a glass of white wine, or a sarnie you bought in Pret, but what do you do if you've cooked a curry/lasagne/casserole etc from scratch? No clue how many calories the things I cook from scratch would contain (I could guess). I could weigh out all the ingredients and calculate it, but then if I scooped myself out a serving I still wouldn't have much of an idea of how many calories there are in that serving!

I cook dinner from scratch most nights and not a clue how to log this. Guestimate?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
BoringUsername444 Sun 22-Apr-18 15:14:34

You go to ‘create recipie’ and add every single ingredient and amount you or in then the number of people it serves.
Voila.
I use it all the time

yellowmellw Sun 22-Apr-18 15:16:29

I normally just get a total of the whole meal say a lasagne and then divide by portions served. Along as it's roughly same sized portions then it should be ok

Honeybee79 Sun 22-Apr-18 15:24:39

OK, thanks. So I guess if I build up a stock pile of "meals" then once that is done it's pretty easy.

OP’s posts: |
MrsD28 Sun 22-Apr-18 20:31:09

I do what others have suggested - I build recipes for the exact servings sizes and then and am really careful to measure and cook the recipe in exactly the same way every time. I did a stockpile of some of our most common meals (plus all my breakfasts and lunches, as I tend to have the same stuff most days) which has definitely cut down the work day to day.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in