Talk

Advanced search

What diet shall I do? Advice needed please

(8 Posts)
Ilikesweetpeas Fri 30-Mar-18 16:40:08

The weight has gradually crept on and I want to loose 1 1/2 stone. I hear good and bad about slimming world and weight watchers- if you've successfully lost weight what do you recommend? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Testarossa1 Fri 30-Mar-18 16:45:30

I started slimming world in January, 3 months later I've lost 1st 4.5lbs. It very easy to follow and I'm rarely hungry.

FrozenMargarita17 Fri 30-Mar-18 16:51:51

I've been doing slimming world for 12 weeks and I've lost 1st 6.5lb smile

curlyLJ Fri 30-Mar-18 17:05:11

Don't do a 'diet' just eat good food, no processed/refined foods (white bread, white pasta, most cereals) and no sugary cakes sweets. Eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full and most importantly drink lots and lots of water. Eat lots of veg, good fats (avocado, nuts) and good protein. Go easy on the carbs, but no need to 'low-carb'.
There really is no need to count calories if you follow this.

Honestly this WILL work. You need to change your overall eating habits/lifestyle rather than jumping on a diet bandwagon, falling off again and then putting all the weight back on when you start eating as you were.

If you want a good book, try one of The Body Coach ones - he talks a lot of sense.

Ivebeenaroundtheblock Fri 30-Mar-18 17:10:00

I listened to an interesting Sandford University nutrition study online the other day. All diets tend to have the same calorie reduction 3-500 calories less per day.
The success of the diets tended to be based on a persons insulin resistance. So knowing how your body responds before starting a different meal plan seemed to be important.

Ivebeenaroundtheblock Fri 30-Mar-18 17:11:36

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eREuZEdMAVo

RolyPolyLilBatFaceGirl Fri 30-Mar-18 19:55:26

Blood sugar diet is good. You can adapt it so you're eating higher calories and more just an overall Mediterranean diet.

Ilikesweetpeas Fri 30-Mar-18 20:02:20

Thank you, some interesting things for me to look into here!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in