Talk

Advanced search

To feel like giving up

(13 Posts)
manicmumday1 Sun 11-Mar-18 10:07:14

Hello,

I have been doing the Herbalife diet and have lost two stone, feel great.

However, last night I had half a take away small pizza and some chips (I had a promotion at work) and this morning I've put on 3lbs in a day, 3lbs! I just feel like what's the point.

Does anyone have any idea why I put on so much from maybe an extra 1200 calories?

OP’s posts: |
WednesdayAddams2525 Sun 11-Mar-18 10:26:39

It's not all weight I promise! It's water (extra water you have retained) and maybe a bit of weight from the actual food itself which will go. Please please don't be disheartened, it does you good to have a break from your diet now and then. I promise in a few days you will have gone back down to normal, I've had this happen a hundred times!

Don't panic and just pick up where you left off OP and make sure you drink lots of water!

Bluntness100 Sun 11-Mar-18 10:30:30

It's just water retention. It's not fat. Don't worry, just jump back on the horse and it will drop off. Don't worry.

manicmumday1 Sun 11-Mar-18 14:29:12

Thank you for the replies, I guess my heart just sank when I went on the scales and I thought if half a pizza can do this.

Il keep back on it and see how the scales look in the morning.

Thanks again thanks

Bluntness100 Sun 11-Mar-18 15:16:50

Honestly it's fine. Think about it logically. You cannot have gained three pounds of fat from it. It's just water.

manicmumday1 Sun 11-Mar-18 15:30:14

Not sure why that posted again 😭🙈

manicmumday1 Sun 11-Mar-18 15:31:12

@Bluntness100

I did think that, but I guess I just panicked because I know I have 100% stuck to it with the exception of one meal.

WednesdayAddams2525 Sun 11-Mar-18 15:48:22

Don't weigh yourself too often either....it can drive you mad!!!

manicmumday1 Sun 11-Mar-18 16:20:36

@WednesdayAddams2525

I find it the opposite it keeps me motivated, I know it can (and does) drive me mad but it keeps me on track.

I'm having a Mother's Day shake whilst hubby tucks into a roast 😭😭😭 ha ha

WednesdayAddams2525 Sun 11-Mar-18 16:25:10

@manicmumday1 haha I don't blame you at all!! Please don't beat yourself up, it's horrible isn't it?

Good for you, I could only weigh myself once a week, that was bad enough for me!! But whatever works is good smile

manicmumday1 Sun 11-Mar-18 16:37:55

@WednesdayAddams2525

It is isn't it 🙈🙈 I know I think everyone works differently, my friend can only do it once a month or she goes into meltdown.

Thanks for the words of support, I hope you're doing well on your journey X

WednesdayAddams2525 Sun 11-Mar-18 16:45:20

@manicmumday1 I'm know bit of a hiatus at the moment as I'm nearly 9 months pregnant lol but will be joining you again soon!!! I've gained a lot of weight but got plenty of time to lose it. Sure I won't be thinking that in a few weeks hahaha!
Enjoy Mother's Day and don't stress xx

manicmumday1 Sun 11-Mar-18 17:07:05

@WednesdayAddams2525

Awwh congratulations, you must be counting the days now?

I gained 4 stone during pregnancy (my little girl was 11.5lbs) so I feel your pain.

All worth it for a happy healthy baby though.

Best of luck for your impending arrival xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in