Talk

Advanced search

How to lose two pounds a week?

(7 Posts)
Dalesgirl16 Fri 09-Mar-18 19:28:01

Please someone tell me roughly the kind and f good you eat at breakfast, lunch and dinner? My diet is going nowhere. I have been having slimfast drinks for breakfasts but I don't eat well in that I don't have always have defined meals as I eat my Toddlers leftovers!

OP’s posts: |
Cameron2012 Fri 09-Mar-18 19:40:17

I have lost 10lb in the last 7 weeks.Join Mums Get Fit on Facebook, sensible manageable advice.
For breakfast I have poached eggs and bacon, lunch is soup, yogurt and fruit, dinner massive salad/ veg, baked potato, chicken or steak, given up the booze so drink coffee, tea, diet bitter lemon, snack on nuts and go ahead biscuits.
I keep track of everything I eat and log it in the my diet diary app, I try to stick to around 1500 calories a day.
I walk about 13000 steps per day.
If I want chocolate I eat chocolate, same with any other treats I just balance it with healthy colourful food .
It is the only time in my life I have ever managed to lose weight.
Sorry if I sound a bit manic but I am so excited to find something that works!

Dalesgirl16 Fri 09-Mar-18 23:35:33

I can't do all that exercise. I'm very much at home with a baby. We try to get out most days but can't always walk due to weather. I need to eat even less calories then

Cameron2012 Sat 10-Mar-18 07:14:35

Ah, I’m lucky that the walking is done whilst I am working.
It may help if you eat ‘ real’ calories. Slimfast isn’t going to make you feel like you are eating anything. Try eating a protein with every meal, eggs, meat , fish, cheese.I have 3 children all grown up now but I know how hard it is to look after yourself whilst you have a toddlers.
Start slowly, I am only losing a pound a week now but as long as I am losing weight I’m ok, if it takes longer to reach my target weight it takes longer,.
If you are not able to get out because of the weather try spending 30 seconds doing some squats.
Do you want to lose weight quickly for a reason , is there an event you are going to, or do you want to be slimmer and healthier?.

gottachangethename1 Sat 10-Mar-18 14:47:41

I second eating protein to make you feel satisfied and less tempted to snack or pick at leftovers. Reduce bread and white pasta and rice (try smaller portions of brown instead)cut out alcohol and trim fat from meat. Lean chicken, turkey, pork and chicken sausages are good choices with lots of veg/salad. Use spray oill for roasting or frying. I lost 1.5 stone since December. Good luck op.

Dalesgirl16 Sat 10-Mar-18 18:07:56

Thanks. I'm trying to kickstart a diet quickly as I'm going on holiday in six weeks. It's do hard to be active with a baby in winter. I will go out and buy lots of sliced deli meat as I can't keep eating eggs for protein.

wonderlust101 Sat 10-Mar-18 18:13:18

It's not hard to be active with a baby in winter, just be creative!
Walk/run up and down the stairs a few times a day while baby naps, is happily in a bouncer, playing with toys etc. Dance around with baby like a loon, get yourself moving and he'll love it too. Stand and do squats while waiting for the kettle to boil, bread to toast, food to cook etc.
There's lots of ways you can be active without getting out the house x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in