Talk

Advanced search

Anyone followed Eat Like A Normal Person and lost weight?

(6 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sat 17-Feb-18 13:08:17

This site was signposted to me and after a good read through it does seem to make total sense. I am a few days into trying to eat nourishing foods but getting nervous as the scale isn't exactly going down! The website writer said they lost 22lb (I think) in the first 12 weeks which sounds fab, I am just wondering if anyone else has used the idea and it's worked? Or fancies a talk about it? I can't find much on the web.

OP’s posts: |
Inarutneedhelp Sat 17-Feb-18 21:41:34

I am in a way of this mindset now . I have been following the intuitive eating programme but will look at that website . I will point out that I have probably gained weight but have started to notice a shift now in my choices . I am now starting to choose more nutritious foods at most meals . Am not bothered so much by lack of sugary crap or crisps etc etc and I am hoping I will find my natural body weight overtime .
Some things I notice about myself - I am happier about myself recently . I am not agonising over a diet . I do not feel miserable if I do have a piece of cake . I have it and really enjoy it . I am not starting a diet every day or every Monday .i don’t feel deprived as I know if I want chips I can have them ( but mostly I don’t want them anymore ) I feel less pressure . I have enough pressure and stress in my life without worrying about that .
It’s a different mindset and I am settling into it .

keeponkeepinon Sat 17-Feb-18 22:47:34

That's great to hear. I think I am still a little concerned about weight loss as generally I haven't heard much about people losing, though the principle of eating better is a no brainer. I want to get on and lose some before the summer, but do it in the best way!
Do you not look at or count calories at all? I would possibly count roughly just as an experiment to see what I generally settled on.

OP’s posts: |
Inarutneedhelp Sun 18-Feb-18 08:00:01

No I don’t really count them but I am conscious of unhealthy foods . I wouldn’t eat a Big Mac for instance, yesterday I ate
Breakfast - watermelon strawberries 2 tablespoons of Rachel’s organic yoghurt and a sprinkle of granola .
Lunch - slice of ham , ryvita savoury thins , Tesco finish couscous and coleslaw made with Creme fraiche
Dinner was chicken casserole . Oh and I had 2 figrolls and a few nuts . I didn’t agonise over food all day . When I dieted ( for nearly 30 years ) it was always on my mind . As I say I have not lost weight I am pretty sure I have put on but that’s from the intuitive eating part which allows you to eat whatever you want and I did for a while . And I did chose all the forbidden diet foods . But I am past that stage now . I really only want nutritious foods . With occasional gig roll lol !
Tbh if you go this way it’s not a quick turnaround. It’s slow as your whole mentality has to change. For me I have been following WW , SW , Rosemary Conley , and every diet going for 30 years . I suffer a bit with anxiety and depression but this is definitely helping me. I read a lot about intuitive eating , caring for myself during menopause and I listen to a lot of podcasts.
Will read a bit more now on your link .
I think the key to eating as a normal person is knowing we are not deprived , there is no need for a last supper ( I think I hadobe every Sunday 😂) . There is food available and eat when we are hungry . Don’t wait until you are starving . Eat until you are gently satisfied and not until you have a pain in your stomach .
It is hard though to get off the dieting bandwagon especially when surrounded by it everywhere. I have been tempted to at times to go back to WW but now I am happy I didn’t .

Inarutneedhelp Sun 18-Feb-18 08:02:20

Sorry about all the typos ! On phone so hard to type

dvsurvivor2015 Sun 10-Feb-19 17:01:26

I'm curious if you succeeded with the"eat like a normal person" way of eating. I'm just giving it a try, and seriously troubled by the weight gain of eating nutritiously.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in