Talk

Advanced search

Give me a kick up the arse please!

(4 Posts)
TheEagle Thu 15-Feb-18 10:04:18

I am in desperate need of a kick up my ever increasing arse!

I’m 37, 12 stone and 5’6. All through my 20s and early 30s I was happy at 10.5-11 stone.

I put on 5 stone when pregnant with my first child in 2013. Lost about 3 stone of that but then was pregnant again in 2014 with twins.

Last year I finally got back to pre-pregnancy weight but never back into my pre-preg clothes.

Slimming World worked well for me for the most part.

Since August things have been in a tailspin, I seem to be unable to stop eating, particularly when I get in after work at about 3.30/4 pm.

I clock up 12,000 steps on the Fitbit a day but I just can’t seem to stop putting food into my mouth!!!

I’m a size 14 (just) but I feel like I’m wobbling towards a 16 and none of my clothes will fit then blush

Give me a shake please.

OP’s posts: |
Chicken1970 Thu 15-Feb-18 14:19:13

Keep a food log. Write down everything you eat and why. E. G ate kids left overs, don't like seeing food be wasted. Ate a packet of biscuits. Was bored.( I find i pick when I'm bored, stressed or watching tv.) Do be honest as its amazing at how the little things add up. A biscuit here or 2 spoons of sugar in each of your coffees etc.

lurkingfromhome Thu 15-Feb-18 14:24:15

I think MyFitnessPal is a really excellent way of seeing exactly how much you're eating every day and where the calories are coming from. It can be a real eye-opener to see how many calories were in the tiniest thing that you barely noticed eating and didn't even particularly enjoy. I remember being quite appalled at seeing how I could eat three good, healthy meals a day for around 1200 calories and then ruin everything by eating a good extra 1000 in the form of a slice of cake here, a cereal bar there, a couple of biscuits in the afternoon, pudding every night after dinner etc.

TheEagle Fri 16-Feb-18 07:07:21

Thank you for the replies. I used MFP in the past, must revive my account.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in