Talk

Advanced search

Maintaining after weight loss

(7 Posts)
Juliecloud Wed 14-Feb-18 21:19:02

How do you maintain your weight once you’ve lost weight? I’ve lost 2/3 stone several times on different diets but the weight always goes back on eventually. Not even eventually, I put on a stone in 3 months last year.

Do you constantly think about your food choices? Do you go back on a weight loss diet if you go over a certain weight?

I really do not want to put the weight back on again this time!

Bluntness100 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:24:09

I watch what I eat and keep going to the gym, and stick to the principles of rhe diet.

A diet should not be a diet, but a way of eating for life. Where once you reach your weight, you can integrate some occasional treats and other foods in but basically maintain the principles. Making sure you cut back if you go over.

You can't just go back to eating the same way as before the diet, it just piles back on. And fast.

Annabelle4 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:43:49

I lost 4 stone almost 4 years ago and have successfully kept it off.

It's still a struggle though. I pretty much had to leave Tesco today as I was practically drooling over Easter eggs. I would love more than anything to buy 1 or 3 , come home and scoff the whole thing.

It's about discipline, planning, exercise, and basically just keeping on top of it (not over eating) at least 5 days a week, or probably even 6.

Megsmcgoo Tue 20-Feb-18 16:45:32

I do still watch what I eat and make healthier choices by do allow for occasional indulgences. I did start exercising once I had lost the weight and find that helps massively smile

lastnamefirstfirstnamelast Tue 20-Feb-18 17:08:38

I lost 4 stone and gained two back- simply by going from support work to a sit down role.

I lost the weight by eating less carbs and eating a protein rich diet

sadeyedladyofthelowlands63 Tue 20-Feb-18 18:11:15

I have more or less maintained my weight loss (about six stone) for the last ten years. I basically follow my original diet plan five days out of seven, and relax a bit on the other two days (usually but not always the weekend).

The main thing, as other people have said, is that you can't go back to eating exactly how you did before.

Annabelle4 Sun 25-Feb-18 11:39:25

Bump

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: