Talk

Advanced search

When to start

(12 Posts)
sameoldtat Tue 13-Feb-18 13:11:12

So....as I understand it diets always start on Monday but here is my problem, It never works for me. So I have decided that from 13.07 today I will have 12.00 calories every 24 hours. Thus my new day will start at 13.07 every day. Because if I wait until Monday morning to start I will eat all sorts over the next few days. I have just had two Bakewell tarts that I need to put behind me. Any thoughts out there............and would anyone like to join me.

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Tue 13-Feb-18 17:04:05

Hi Same

I’d love to join you please. I have NO willpower and am pretty disgusted by the crap that I eat. I’ve been justifying it for the last 6 months by saying I’m breastfeeding but I’ve started weaning her now smile.
I’m not going to calorie count, just reduce cream cake and chocolate intake and increase fruit and veg intake.
But I’m with you. Shall we share some virtual cake to celebrate? grin

sameoldtat Tue 13-Feb-18 18:45:06

Hi Coconuts, I really think that I have found the way. Because I get the munchies at night time I am always miserable through the day because I am thinking that there is not much left after lunch. But now it is 6.41 and I have loads left I am not as hungry and may even have quite a lot of calories left over for breakfast. Thanks for the cake. we could even compare how we are doing each day. I have two stone to lose so I really need to get a grip.

sameoldtat Tue 13-Feb-18 18:46:22

Especially as it seems to be just me and you..........

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Tue 13-Feb-18 19:14:22

Sounds good to me.
Today I had
• a bowl of cereal (honey nut shreddies - so not very healthy I know)
• a bar of chocolate (a big one)
• an avocado and tuna sandwich
• for dinner I’ll have sausage and tomato pasta (with cheesehmm but only a little bit grin)

That doesn’t look a lot but portion control is an issue with me.
Do you have alternative snack at the ready when you get the munchies. Me and DP tend to get the fatty snacks out once the DC have gone to bed. We need to stop.
Well done on having loads of calories left over.

sameoldtat Wed 14-Feb-18 13:27:59

well, I spoke too soon. I got really pissed off and had two small magnums last night so I ruined the day. However today I have had 1 satsuma, two slices of bread with avocado and I am thinking about making a pasta sauce with quorn meatballs, Like you, I have a problem with portion control Hey ho.we can only try. I bought the mini magnums thinking they are not as fattening as the big one but went back for another. Hope you are doing okay

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Wed 14-Feb-18 16:48:07

Hello,
I went to the gym this afternoon and when I got home had some soup and a mountain of bread! hmm
For dinner I’m gonna have left over sausage and tomato pasta. I’ll try and be sensible with my portion.
I quite like the idea of mini magnums! grin I might buy some. 2 small ones are better than 1 big one let’s convince ourselves of that grin

sameoldtat Thu 15-Feb-18 10:43:59

Hi I have started again this morning, enough said

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Thu 15-Feb-18 11:26:08

Onwards and upwards. We’ll get there.

KikiMadeMeDoIt Thu 15-Feb-18 11:32:35

I think you’ve put your finger on one of the big issues - that is saying that you’re going to start tomorrow means that you never actually have to start. Saying that you started ten minutes ago means that you’ve already started, it’s fine, you don’t have to cross that imaginary divide.

Also, don’t think too hard about calories that are left over, if you’re not hungry, you’re not hungry. My body doesn’t like me micromanaging calories over a day, it’s happier with a longer-term thing and I’m pretty sure it’s all linked to my menstrual cycle as I eat loads before my period, but have no interest in food just after - if I got stressed about eating too much before and too little after I’d be constantly worried, but I think it evens out over 28 days.

Don’t be too hard on yourself, just be aware of what’s happening and you can make changes when you can see what the bigger picture is.

sameoldtat Fri 16-Feb-18 10:47:19

Thanks, KiKi. Yesterday was not too bad actually I planted a few bulbs and kept busy. Discipline is what is needed.

KikiMadeMeDoIt Fri 16-Feb-18 14:56:46

Keeping busy is a big deal. And so is gardening (I only have a windowsill but there's no harm in dreaming).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: