Talk

Advanced search

Petite people dieting

(43 Posts)
minimammy Mon 12-Feb-18 18:20:10

I've just signed up to a kind of clean eating diet plan. A couple of friends of mine have done it for the past month with great results. We all exercise probably 6 days a week.
It's all non processed and good fats etc. Two clean snacks a day and once a week you can have a treat meal. Portion sizes are worked out with the size of your palm/ fist/ thumbs etc method.
I've just put my dinner out and it's the same size as the tea I gave to my 5 year old 1 palm of meat and two fists of veg. 🙈 it's because I'm small I know but it was on one of the children's tea plates.
Petite girls, whaaaaa???!!
I'm signed up for the month now, I don't know if I'll make it?!
Last thing I had was a protein shake with greens and before that was a salad with half a baby avocado.

ppeatfruit Tue 13-Feb-18 12:24:45

This is interesting, I do clean eating any way with the Paul Mackenna ( I can Make yourThin). I'm slim not thin I don't want to be thin!

BUT he talks about eating mindfully and chewing slowly, you learn how much your stomach can hold before you feel full, It's not very much, but it's great because you MUST eat when you're hungry!! So you never feel starved. Obviously you have water and or herbal teas before you eat in case you're thirsty not hungry. It really is the way I've eaten for years (off and on!) it's easy to just go back on it!! and feel great!

minimammy Tue 13-Feb-18 22:45:03

To be fair you are probably right. I'm not growing anymore 😄 so I don't need to fuel that either.

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 12:49:45

We all need protein, plant and or animal whether or not we're growing because it replenishes our blood cells!!! The best way is to eat plenty of fresh, fruit and salads, veg soups etc. cut down on (or cut out) wheat and pork!!

halfwitpicker Wed 14-Feb-18 12:51:45

What's up with pork?

dantdmistedious Wed 14-Feb-18 12:54:03

Why pork?

Bluntness100 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:54:45

Why did you sign up? To be healthier or lose weight?

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 12:55:16

Well it's very high in acids (cannibals call humans long pig) it,can cause gout, arthritis ME, etc etc. The WHO has statistics showing it's quite high in causing cancer too.

I'm not religious but the Jews and Muslims must have a reason for not eating it.

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 12:56:57

That's without the factory farming and number of additives and ABs given to the pigs to keep them 'healthy' in unhealthy conditions.

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 12:58:04

Bluntness shouldn't the two go together?

angela71 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:58:19

Well chicken is a good pork substitute for white meat protein, hopefully you are at least eating that?

Bluntness100 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:59:04

Sure, but often people have a primary objective. She may not need to lose weight.

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 13:01:31

angela Vegans don't eat chicken.

Babycham1979 Wed 14-Feb-18 13:14:33

Oh Jesus, in balanced terms, pork is one of the best meats you can eat. Once you account for the health impact, environmental sustainability, animal welfare and ethics, pork actually trumps all others.

Jews and Muslims don't eat it because 2,000 years ago there weren't any fridges in the desert (and they hadn't worked out how to cure meat), so pork - and shellfish - were very, very likely to kill you. Not because of some arcane ancient wisdom about nutrition!

angela71 Wed 14-Feb-18 13:37:51

Babycham1979 - I was referring to ppeatfruit, but yes I apologize, steered off topic...

Hoolahoophop Wed 14-Feb-18 14:01:43

Minnimammy I feel your pain. Not quite 5ft. I need to eat like a child. I eat like a rugby player. I also need to diet. confused

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 14:43:03

Well babycham Tell that to my dh and son in law who have both suffered terrible gouty problems after eating it. (dh was nearly in a wheel chair) They don't eat it now , when they do they are ill. It has the highest acid content of all the meats as I said which collects in the joints causing big problems.

If it were so healthy how come so many people are hospitalised with cancer etc. The WHO stats are recent btw.

Babycham1979 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:49:21

Ppeatfruit, if it's so awful, how come those countries with high pork diets (Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Denmark, UK) have the world's highest life expectancies? As opposed to those throughout the Muslim world?

Obviously I'm not saying pork improves longevity, but I am saying that a) correlation does not mean causality; and b) if your thesis had any bearing on reality, then the inverse would more likely be true

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 14:53:35

A lot of stomach cancer in those countries , health is much worse than it used to be in the East esp. since the Western diet has been taken up.

The pork products with all the nitrates are even worse. It's basically bad for us.

Babycham1979 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:59:24

Health is a lot worse? On what do you base that statement? Life expectancy is higher than ever. Of course cancers are up; death IS a zero-sum game. As other diseases are eradicated, you'll find we have to die of something.

Please cite your evidence that 'health is much worse' in Japan, South Korea etc

Babycham1979 Wed 14-Feb-18 15:01:23

Funny, according to the New York Times, the life expectancy of Korean women is about to eclipse Japan's and tip 90. Oh, and it continues to increase.

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 15:05:40

Google it. it has been known for a long time that as soon as the Western diet hits countries like Japan and China they get more disease. Don't you worry though you continue eating your bacon , good luck.

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 15:07:46

Iam aware we'll all die of something I just prefer not to be married to an invalid (or an invalid myself) 10 or 20 years before it does.

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 15:09:52

Apologies minimammy grin For hijacking your thread grin

Babycham1979 Wed 14-Feb-18 15:18:45

Eh? What's a western diet got to do with it? I think you're confusing Japan and Korea with China. The former two rich countries have always had a high-pork diet, whereas China has been too poor to be able to.

Even so, your point is flawed in that Chinese life expectancy is also rising (despite increasingly 'western' diets). You seem to be basing your assumptions on your prejudices against pork eating. Don't eat it if you don't want to, but don't make-up 'facts' based upon what you want to be the truth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now