Talk

Advanced search

Dating when overweight!!

(5 Posts)
alittlebitlost1 Sat 03-Feb-18 23:26:40

I was with my ex for 5 years, we broke up last week - I’m better off without him anyway. I was 24 when we started going out and have put on 4 stone since we were together 😩 so I’m now 29 and trying to get back into dating but struggling, I lost all my friends when I was with him because nobody liked him so I don’t go out socially, don’t meet many people at work, does being overweight put off all the good men?

OP’s posts: |
CheapSausagesAndSpam Sun 04-Feb-18 07:40:15

Oh God OP a week! Don't put yourself through dating yet!

You need to work on getting your confidence back and getting fit. Focus on making friends and finding some good classes or walking groups so your body can come back to a nice comfortable place.

Cheekyandfreaky Sun 04-Feb-18 07:43:42

Agree with poster above. Too soon, think of that corny saying ‘you need to love yourself before you can love someone else’. Entering any new relationships with low self esteem is a recipe for disaster.

lightcola Sun 04-Feb-18 07:47:42

Definitely too soon. Get in touch with some old friends and start to make bridges. I met my guy over weight and has never been an issue so dont worry too much about that. But I agree it’s time to start looking after yourself.

lasttimeround Sun 04-Feb-18 10:15:24

Just breathe first

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in