Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever combined green smoothies and a low carb diet?

(4 Posts)
AstridPeth Sun 07-Jan-18 08:11:19

So I am ready to get back on the wagon after about a year off. I am 14stonesad and want to lose at least 4 stone. I have previously followed low carb and been very successful with my weight loss, it's the maintenance I struggle with (I like cake too much!) any way this is the year I would like to change that.
Dh is also carrying around some extra weight and has asked for my help as he wouldn't know what to eat.
This time I decided to kick start our diet with a green smoothie weekend. We are replacing our meals with them. Our smoothies are made up of the following...
Spinach
Celery
Cucumber
avocado
Kiwi
Few berries
Ginger
parsley
milled linseed
milled Chia seeds
Greek yogurt
water

I am quite enjoying the ease of these juices and was wandering if anyone had had any success incorporating them in a low carb diet. For instance; I am thinking of a smoothie for breakfast, one for lunch with some boiled eggs and then a proper low carb dinner. Or I may just have the one at lunch time and have a low carb brekkie. Haven't quite decided yet.
Any thoughts please?

OP’s posts: |
MacaroonMama Sun 07-Jan-18 08:19:25

Hi there,
I often have green smoothies for brekkie when doing LCHF. Not an expert, but I would think maybe up the fat in your recipe? Could you use coconut oil (blitzed before you add any frozen things) - and also ditch the kiwis as I think they are quite a sugary fruit. Looks gorgeous otherwise though!

AstridPeth Sun 07-Jan-18 08:27:01

thanx for the advice Macaroon, will take another look at my recipe.

OP’s posts: |
Khamiak Sun 07-Jan-18 12:56:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in