Talk

Advanced search

Exercise - at home/online/equipment recommendations?

(15 Posts)
abc12345 Sun 31-Dec-17 13:35:10

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone can reccommend any exercise I can do at home while my baby sleeps?? Is there anything decent on YouTube? Or some equipment I can rent?? Has anything worked for you??

OP’s posts: |
lasttimeround Mon 01-Jan-18 22:07:49

YouTube has various workouts like fitness blender, blogilates, popsugar, yoga. You can often find 30 day shred on there which is quick and effective.

PARunnerGirl Mon 01-Jan-18 22:53:08

I don’t know if you have a budget to spend, but if ~£15/ month is ok then the Kayla Itsines BBG plan is great. I do lots of other exercise but I could still see really good results after only 12 weeks, especially arm and ab definition.

hidinginthenightgarden Wed 03-Jan-18 06:07:08

I do step aerobics at home but am also looking for something else I can do, something more effective.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 03-Jan-18 07:04:47

Les Mills online?

TawnyPippit Wed 03-Jan-18 09:45:20

If you have a sturdy doorframe somewhere, a TRX is excellent. I've got a properly branded one but I saw them in Decathlon for less than £20 and they looked really good. There are lots of exercise programmes on Youtube for it - all levels and all lengths of time.

Bigfoot1 Thu 04-Jan-18 23:02:04

Aldi got a deal on ATM for kettlebells. 12kg would be a good bet. About £15 I think for a cast iron one.
Kettlebell DVD would get you good results combined with perhaps a yoga/core DVD.

Khamiak Sun 07-Jan-18 13:00:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Truthspkr Mon 08-Jan-18 00:34:23

It really depends if you want do aerobic, anerobic or stretching.
A mini rebound trampoline would be good for an aerobic workout with the added benefit of being gentle on your joints.
Weights are good for an anaerobic workout with many different types eg dumbells, kettlebells etc.
Stretching type exercises are varied with many types of yoga as one example, pilates and tai chi are other examples that can help with flexibility.

Monipop84 Wed 24-Jan-18 21:58:43

I did Kayla Itsines's BBG and - deposited being very active before - I lost 5 kilos in 12 weeks with no diet and Xmas in between. And I did most of the programme at home!

Monipop84 Wed 24-Jan-18 22:01:08

Deposited - despite (autocorrect argh!)

freckles86 Thu 25-Jan-18 12:30:58

Mini trampoline for definite - I'm waiting for my new one to arrive today =D Best cardio workout and can do some great toning exercises on it too.

Pilates is fantastic for core strength and mobility, check out bohobeautiful on youtube. Her workouts are quite demanding but short and get great results.

I've also just discovered beFIT GO on youtube - just having lunch then going to try out one of their 40 min workouts (lots of pilates based stuff)

I'm only just back on the fitness/dieting bandwagon so will be making daily use of all of the above. In theory grin.

CantstandmLMs Thu 25-Jan-18 13:39:28

Les Mills online! It will keep you motivated trust me as I’ve bought all the equipment and DVDs before and the novelty’s worn off quickly and equipment sold. However I’ve had Les Mills for over a year now and something just niggles me to do it. I do a combination of classes per week but I bought a barbell for Bodypump and would highly recommend it. It’s the fastest I’ve noticed actual body change ever!

Trialsmum Thu 25-Jan-18 17:22:39

Tiffany Rothe on you tube, her workouts are really targeted to women and are really FUN too!

ShotsFired Thu 25-Jan-18 17:30:30

I'd look at strength and (body)weight youtube stuff over cardio.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in