Talk

Advanced search

Rebelfit?

(8 Posts)
Arseofinfinity Sat 16-Dec-17 22:46:42

I’ve seen this mentioned a few times in this section.

Has anyone done it and would recommend?

I’ve read through all of the Rebelfit blogs/Facebook posts and it all makes sense (especially Sw/WW being designed to make you binge eventually, I’ve been flicking between those two for five years)

I guess I was a little concerned that it doesn’t seem to be well known about, not many followers on twitter etc. Obviously I know that isn’t the measure of something working - I just figured if it did manage to stop you binging then it would be much more famous/known about.

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Arseofinfinity Sat 16-Dec-17 22:47:18

I was thinking of signing up in January.

Arseofinfinity Sun 17-Dec-17 11:34:47

Well obviously no one has ever heard of them 😂

I’ll give it a miss then.

VictoriaPeach Sun 17-Dec-17 21:31:47

I've been reading his stuff and yes it makes sense to me. However ... it's expensive. Is he not doing similar to SW et al in charging a monthly fee but he's nicely side stepping the whole food thing as he doesn't supply menu plans etc... it's all about getting you to make your own choices

I nearly signed up but instead re joined the gym. I'm not vastly overweight - stone to lose - but I am unfit and I'm just not convinced enough to spend £36 a month on this

Arseofinfinity Sun 17-Dec-17 22:54:54

Oh I thought there were menu plans? I’ll have to double check that!

VictoriaPeach Sun 17-Dec-17 23:03:41

No! So be careful. It does say they’re included but in an update he says he’s decided to stop providing them as he’s encouraging people to think for themselves and choose good nutritious food

I completely agree with that BUT people sign up and want to be guided don’t they? And for a lot of people they want to be told what they can and can’t eat. But there’ll be no structured plan.. there will be help though, and let’s face it, we all know what we should eat and what we shouldn’t. But I’d hate anyone to sign up thinking they were getting lots of structure on what to eat

BradleyPooper Sun 17-Dec-17 23:05:56

There are menu plans to help guide you but it's not about restricting food so if you want a slice of cake, have one. It's all about changing attitude to weight loss and learning about set point and how diets are a complete con, designed to make you fatter in the long run and generate profit. It's a re-education, not an exercise in will-power and shame. Follow on facebook to get a good idea.

Bigfoot1 Fri 29-Dec-17 19:12:53

It's fab.
Until you do a mission and learn the knowledge, you don't understand.
I've just done a 3 month mission and I didn't know how much I didn't know if that makes sense.
It's all about losing the dieting mindset (which is what makes people fatter) and all about really supplying your body with the nutrition it needs.
The Bronze mission is all about unlearning the dieting mindset, and relearning how to choose what to to eat.
The silver mission is about training and effective exercise and how that is different to "activity"
There are daily WODS (workout of the day) they range from 10 mins upwards and can be done at home using bodyweight only so no need for equipment at first although you may want kettlebells etc eventually to progress.
There is a lot of online support. If you ask a question you get a reply generally within a couple of days.
It works for me. I like the mindset (very much focussed on what you can do, not what you can't. I got injured several times during the mission (not from any of the workout by the way, I had a couple of freak accidents) and I was given really good advice about how to recover/keep active and how to tweak the workouts.
I was so impressed I have just signed up to a whole year. It's accepts that life is not perfect and there are blips along the way!

I don't work for them BTW! smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in