Talk

Advanced search

Dramatic weight loss after baby help!

(11 Posts)
Babynumber2nmom Tue 05-Dec-17 23:14:01

Hi everyone was wondering if anyone could help or share any info . I had my second baby 7 months ago since the eight is dropping of me so much I can’t keep it on or gain any no matter how much I try . I’m 7 and a half stone (5.5 in height) I hate it . I’m eating non stop I’ve been the doctors had blood tests which all came back clear . I just don’t understand it or know what too do now . I hate how skinny I am I look unwell sad

LaLaLanded Sun 10-Dec-17 10:28:32

Are you breastfeeding? I lost a ton of weight breastfeeding but as soon as I stopped, it came back.

Babynumber2nmom Sun 10-Dec-17 16:32:50

No not breast feeding x

ggirl Sun 10-Dec-17 16:38:54

Are you making sure you have high calorie foods when you're eating ? I know elderly people who have trouble maintaining a healthy BMI are advised to fortify foods with high fat cream and butter etc. So lots of butter in mash and creamy sauces.

ggirl Sun 10-Dec-17 16:39:57

also have you normal bowel movements ..any chance you could be coeliac ?

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 10-Dec-17 16:40:50

Keep a record of what you're eating and how much activity you're having (with a Fitbit) and if you're still losing weight, go back to the doctor again. 7.5 stone is very low. What were you before you got pregnant?

Ikeameatballs Sun 10-Dec-17 16:40:54

Please go to your GP and get your thyroid function checked. You may well have an overactive thyroid.

Ofthread Sun 10-Dec-17 16:41:28

Likely to be thyroid.

Ikeameatballs Sun 10-Dec-17 16:41:59

Sorry, have just seen that your GP did bloods, when was that and did they check thyroid? If over a month ago or they didn't check then go back.

Ofthread Sun 10-Dec-17 16:42:56

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postpartum_thyroiditis

bonzo77 Sun 10-Dec-17 16:44:41

See gp. My cousin had this and it was post party thyroiditis. Easily sorted, she’s fine now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now