Talk

Advanced search

248 days until I am 40!!

(27 Posts)
thetwinkletoescollective Wed 15-Nov-17 20:30:09

So however many times I have been in this place (too many) I am starting tomorrow..sigh..yawn.

I have a plan for the big countdown until I'm 40:
Loose two stone
Have my eyebrows tattooed on in an expensive and natural type of way!!
Its a toss up between going on a sunbed regularly or using retinoids! Probably fake tan and retinol A from Thailand will win.
Nearer the time get my eyelashes extended
Plan and throw a big party where I wear an amazing dress that I already own but can't fit into yet!!

Any one around to join in and be accountable with me?
xx

whitepearl17 Wed 15-Nov-17 21:22:47

Hi Thetwinkle so when will your 40th be? I need a huge kick up the bum in time for my 20th wedding anniversary as I was 2 stone lighter then and would totally love to be there again. What are your plans? X

whitepearl17 Wed 15-Nov-17 21:23:46

As in to lose weight not other plans!! Although they sound fab

whitepearl17 Wed 15-Nov-17 21:32:08

As in to lose weight not other plans!! Although they sound fab

thetwinkletoescollective Thu 16-Nov-17 11:00:40

Hello White pearl,

I am going to be 40 in July. I am working from home today which is why Thursday is as good day to 'start'. Last night I paid for and booked myself into the new crossfit gym. I went this morning, I am booked in this Saturday and I have booked for Monday and Wednesday. I am planning to go three times a week and do it consistently.
I also have got myself a huge bottle for water.
I know what to do when comes to eating and exercising...my biggest problem is doing it with any consistency. I did pay for the bodycoach plan in an attempt to give me some structure so I am going to follow it. Its carbs after exercise but other than that its low carb.

Have you got a plan? xx

Braceface Thu 16-Nov-17 11:06:18

I'm 40 in August can I join you. I'm having a jaw operation beginning of March which will mean liquid diet for few weeks and 6 weeks off work. Then hoping the braces are off before I'm 40! Also need to lose weight and get healthier.

Titsywoo Thu 16-Nov-17 11:12:51

I'm 40 next October and I need to lose 3-4 stone as I hear that it's hard to lose after 40!

I will join you in the countdown. Its 345 days for me!

thetwinkletoescollective Thu 16-Nov-17 18:46:21

This is so awesome!! I am so glad you are here doing this thing with me!! We have actually all got time to actually do this which is really good.

Have you had good days?

I had scrambled egg on a thin
Banana
Stuffed pepper with rice, feta, jalopeno peppers left over from last night
Thin with houmous
A handful of nuts
And I am just about to go and have a look what to make for dinner.
Exercise - crossfit WOD (but I did a modified version because I am getting fitter not quite in the superfit league that they all are!!)

That was a good first day so far!!
247 days to go!!!

smellybeanpole Thu 16-Nov-17 19:10:12

I’m 40 in a few weeks. So have left it a bit late. But i will start now( I’ve said this for the last year blush).

Degustibusnonestdisputandem1 Thu 16-Nov-17 19:36:33

I’m 40 next September - can I join? I will NOT be fat and 40!

thetwinkletoescollective Fri 17-Nov-17 17:58:52

Hey! The more the merrier. Surely 40 is the new 26!!

246 days to go.

I had an okay day. I was back at work today so I didn't stop. Breakfast was a shop bought bircher museli and lunch a protein shake and a cake (it was for the children in need). Quite a small cake. A whole foods cake I am sure!! This evening I am going to my friends for dinner so I don't really know what I will have. I have my second crossfit tomorrow so I am not toooo worried about this evening. I must drink more water.

How has everyone else done today?
xx

NewMefor2018 Sun 19-Nov-17 09:43:42

Can I join? 390 days for me. I've just bought a food and exercise journal which will arrive tomorrow - so starting on Tuesday. Will get an online shopping order delivered tomorrow night - I'm just not sure what to get to eat, I hate being hungry which is normally where I fall down when I'm trying to lose weight. Don't particularly enjoy fruit and salad type foods. I have three stone to lose.

Exercise wise i'm thinking of joining a gym and doing two classes a week when dd is at dancing and then doing more walking with ddog, maybe even try running with her in a morning - I used to love running years ago.

Could really do with some accountability smile

beela Mon 20-Nov-17 10:59:24

Hi! I am 40 next November. Can I join? I've been doing the no-s diet since January and gone from 12.5 stone to 10 stone. Ideally I want to lose another half stone and then keep it all off.... so that I can also look fabulous at my party that is yet to be planned grin

Exercise wise, I've been doing the 30 day shred 4-5 days a week, plus swimming and spinning once a week too.

thetwinkletoescollective Mon 20-Nov-17 17:49:33

Hey! The more the merrier!
243 days to go.

So I have been to CrossFit this morning. It was hard and good.
My friend was so lovely and made me overnight oats in jars for all this week. Somehow he heard how much I struggle to be organised with food and he made me 5 of them. So that was Amazing!!!
Lunch was a Soulful food pot from Aldi. Oh my word. It was so good everyone needs to know!! I have got home from work very hungry so I had an egg on a brown thin. I need to drink some more water.

Have a good evening x

thetwinkletoescollective Thu 23-Nov-17 11:01:34

Where have all my nearly 40 friends? How are you doing?

So.. I should be weighing and telling you my week one results. But I am too scared. I actually feel like I am bigger. My bum especially- I think it’s from all the squats at CrossFit. I sort of hope it’s a first week reaction to exercise and I will experience a whoosh, and then i’ll be off.

I have got some old cambridge diet packs lying around so am contemplating a liquid diet????

One week gone already!!!

NewMefor2018 Thu 23-Nov-17 20:23:24

Hi Twinkle, I've been following the no s diet since beela recommended it the other day (thanks beela smile ) it seems like something I would be able to stick to long term and I finally joined the gym and did my first kettlercise class tonight - think I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Also did a bit of a run this morning. Plan on building that up gradually.

Booked to get my hair done on Saturday, a brand new style and colour and then having my nails and eyebrows done the Saturday after.

Only started on Tuesday so not weighed in yet. Let us know how you got on smile

thetwinkletoescollective Fri 24-Nov-17 20:16:35

Newmefor2018 that all sounds brill. I love your beautifying bits too! Let me know how your hair looks. So what does a day of eating look like for you? X

beela Fri 24-Nov-17 20:42:48

Newmefor2018 great! I'm glad you feel like no-s might work for you. Come and join us on the no-s thread on this board if you like.

I've got another few lb to go until I get where I want to be with my weight but I am more worried about maintain in once I get there confused. This thread has also made me think about other goals... I wonder if I could get my curly hair under control in the next 342 days....

thetwinkletoescollective Sat 25-Nov-17 23:13:38

Right, I know what I diet I am going to follow has been a bit confused. But I have made a decision and I planned it and went shopping...I am going vegan!!! I have bought Crissi Carhvalo’s bikini bod diet plan. She is 44 and looks amazing!

Beela I don’t have any curly hair advice..my mother in law and sister in law have amazing curly hair but they have a hard time finding anyone who can cut it properly.

I did do a tan tonight so that has masked my fine lines - it’s libra viterera (spelling??) gradual tan and it’s a winner for a winter natural glow. Also had my nails done. Also went to CrossFit this morning. So while my gluteus Maximus are still maximising there is hope that between CF and vegan is I will get thinner!!! X

thetwinkletoescollective Sat 25-Nov-17 23:14:33

Veganism not vegan is

NewMefor2018 Sun 26-Nov-17 13:10:36

Well I loved my hair when it had been done yesterday, but then got caught in the snow and my new fringe went a bit weird and I wasn't too sure, wanted it darker - which it is, but not sure if it's too dark. Have booked in again in 8 weeks as want to keep up with it and I think I may have highlights put in. Anyway, it certainly looks different which is what I wanted!!

On the no S plan you can eat what you want for breakfast, lunch and dinner - it's just no seconds, sweets or snacks except on days that start with an S. According to the website you lose half a pound a week, which is a lot slower than any other diet I've been on - but then I've never stuck to any other diet long term and am currently the heaviest I've been whereas I reckon I would be able to stick to this long term.

I'll have a look on the no s thread beela smile not sure what to suggest about your hair - maybe try the style and beauty boards for suggestions? Mine is quite curly too so I can empathise, but have yet to find a solution!

Good luck with the veganism twinkle smile

beela Sun 26-Nov-17 15:49:04

Yeah, as diets go it's slow and steady. But I've lost around 1lb per week on average, and it's really changed my habits; I can see myself eating this way in the long term, rather than it being a 'diet' that I finish when I hit my target and then put all the weight back on

thetwinkletoescollective Mon 27-Nov-17 19:58:31

So I think I have found 'my thing'. I got the Vgn Bki Bod Bible (yep no vowels!!) by Crissi Carvalho and the brilliant thing about it for me is that the recipes are designed for batch cooking. Being organised is one of my downfalls as well as being a bit 'all or nothing'. So this allows me to be 'all' once a week and then organised through the week. Result.

I have to say it tastes amazing and the portions seem huge!!

(She's Australian, vegan, short, similar age and a bikini fitness model who looks amazing!!)

I am not really going vegan at the moment but this seems good to start with. Here is a picture of my food prep this Sunday.
There is a chili type thing, curry. stroganoff and a tofu dinner.

How is everyone else?

thetwinkletoescollective Sun 03-Dec-17 22:34:34

230 days to go

So this week went really well!! I have to say the food prep thing was absolutely fantastic. I didn't spend any extra money on food, I didn't have to nip to the shops, there was dinners ready and waiting....have I done it again this week...haha no. It was really hard work! I do have some meals left over though and so if I even make one of her recipes in the next few days it will set me right up.

I went to Bill's on Friday and they had two vegan dinners on their menu. So I got to go out and stay on plan.

All in all my body feels calmer is the only way I can put it and so that is a good reason for me to carry this on.

I now have 12 days to the works Christmas do, so I have to have that as a mini goal. New countdown is on!

thetwinkletoescollective Tue 05-Dec-17 18:56:11

228 days to go

Well I never wanted this to be a blog. I really do want someone to come on this journey with me.

Well this whole thing has got me thinking..losing weight is often quite a negative endeavour that begins with dissatisfaction. But what if there is a different way. A more 'loving' way. Can changing the inner monologue make a difference for the better?

I have starved myself and exercised myself into different lower weights but I have never stayed there. Being kind to myself with proper nutrition is actually quite new..and so far..I am liking this approach more!!

I just read the first chapter of the 'Art of being brilliant' by Andy Cope and Andy Whittaker and one of the exercises was writing down ten things that are brilliant about ourselves that we take for granted.

I actually wanted to cry when I finished my list because I realised I spend so much time and energy metaphorically beating myself up. I am so bored of that way of thinking!!

I feel more 'twinkly' already!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now