Talk

Advanced search

Tips to shed post-partum tummy and fight the naughty foods?

(2 Posts)
Mariposa87 Mon 13-Nov-17 23:25:30

Finding it so hard to fight the overwhelming hunger for sugary/fast/convenience foods!

Been breastfeeding for 10 weeks now and I am so depressed that my tummy hasn’t sprung back to normal like my other new mum friends. I had a c-section and my beautiful daughter weighed a whopping 9lbs at birth not to mention the colossal stretch marks on my tummy.

If I weren’t breastfeeding I would diet but I know that isn’t really an option. Any tips to fight the hunger or help shed the tummy? Recovery and strength in stomach after c-section?

RedPandaMama Mon 13-Nov-17 23:32:36

I'm with you OP. Was never thin to begin with but have never had a big tummy and now it's all saggy and stretch-marked and I'm finding it quite depressing. My DD is 13 weeks old and I started Slimming World a few weeks ago and I am slowly losing the weight, but very carefully and following a calcium-rich diet so it doesn't affect my breastmilk. Eating around 2000 calories a day, I am losing between 1 and 2lbs a week - I'm 7.5lbs down 5 weeks in smile Also trying to get slightly more active just by walking more and doing more housework.

Take it slow and remember it took 9 months for your body to look this way, don't expect it to bounce back! You made a person, that's amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now