Talk

Advanced search

Surely I should be losing weight?

(4 Posts)
seventeenlittleducks Mon 13-Nov-17 17:26:53

I've gained weight, I know this as my jeans don't fit like they used to they're tight and un comfy.
I took on a second job a couple of weeks back so I now work days and evenings, sometimes both together neither job is a sitting down one and one includes heavy lifting. I'm on my feet for hours, some days, moving around. Surely I should be losing some weight? I don't expect a model figure but my jeans to fit like they used to (I was never skinny skinny) surely isn't too much to ask? I'm starting to wonder if there's another reason I'm not losing weight? I don't shove my face with food because for one I just don't have time. A sandwich for lunch, a quick dinner if I have time, that's it?
Why am I not losing weight? I just want to fit into my clothes that fitted me a few months back. sad

Justbookedasummmerholiday Mon 13-Nov-17 17:32:36

You aren't eating enough so your body is hanging on to the extra!!
Porridge for breakfast. Fruit, nuts - snacks, light lunch, veg +protein for dinner. No tea / coffee and lots of water.

Mivery Mon 13-Nov-17 22:39:21

Justbookedasummmerholiday is right that if you're overworking yourself and you aren't eating enough your body is going to cling to whatever energy source you give it.

That being said, there are a number of factors that could be contributing to you putting on weight despite being more active. This article goes into detail about how things like temporary inflammation and stress can impact your weight: www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/fitness/ask-the-expert-why-do-you-gain-weight-when-you-start-working-out

My guess is stress though. Working twice as hard without eating properly or drinking enough water is recipe for disaster.

CakeFreeWonderland Sun 19-Nov-17 09:01:18

Just cut out the sugar. Make your diet totally sugar free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now