Talk

Advanced search

I might starting a ketogenic diet today, join or support me please!

(3 Posts)
SleepFreeZone Mon 13-Nov-17 11:45:33

So about 6 weeks ago I decided I needed to lose the 7lb I put on after my second tri loss in September. Yep it was a terrible time but I knew I needed to get back down to 10 stone 6 or thereabouts and I didn't want to keep emotional eating.

So I tried low carb and stayed the same weight, low cal and stayed the same weight, took up daily exercise and stayed the same weight and finally 16:8 and stayed the same weight. My clothes do fit a bit better so I think my tummies shrunk a bit but still, that's pretty annoying after being so disciplined.

Today I decided to crunch my numbers and download an app and start the Keto diet. My lifestyle is moderately active. I'm a SAHM but I'm on my feet most of the day and jog between 1 and 2 miles every evening. So it's estimated my TDEE at 1858. It's already told me I'm slightly over my protein for the day as I pigged out a bit at breakfast 😬😬. It was a bit of a one off though so I'm not too worried about that. I LOVE veggies so I'm going to eat lots of salad and broccoli/cauliflower.

So let's see if this works!!! Any hints tips or fellow Ketoers very welcome.

loobybear Mon 13-Nov-17 20:41:59

Hey,
I just started Keto last Sunday. Have lost 7ilbs since then. I'm pretty sure it's mainly water weight though but it's still really motivating to see on the scales.
Do you plan on tracking? I've not been tracking calories because it tends to throw me off when I do but nervous I won't keep losing if I don't.

Lalalanded Tue 14-Nov-17 19:32:52

Won't be joining as I'm a ketoer in maintenence but am cheering you on/here if you want any tips!

Keto worked very well for me. Spinach, asparagus, kale are all good green veg to eat. And if you're a cheese fan, it's an ideal eating regime.

Don't worry too much about protein being slightly high in the beginning - just aim for broad macros and getting enough fat in comparison to the protein/carb macros.

Also, enjoy! The only 'diet' I have ever enjoyed on any level - nothing like a steak fried in butter, with blue cheese for weight loss.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: