Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best way

(9 Posts)
neuroticnumpty Fri 03-Nov-17 23:06:53

I realise their isn't a diet that suits everyone. But please can I have your success stories and how you got there please? I really need something to get stuck into and I hope success stories will be the motivation that I need!

neuroticnumpty Sat 04-Nov-17 00:01:15

Or even the fastest way / easiest way

JumpingIntoLCHF Sat 04-Nov-17 07:47:04

I am finding low carb to be what works for me. I was eating so much, constantly wanted to graze. I read the blood sugar diet and gave it a go. I've lost about a stone and a half since July without ever feeling hungry or craving junk. It seems that when I eat a lot of carb I get a sugar spike then as that goes down my body craves more of it. So I could eat a bowl of pasta then want cake straight after. Now I eat v little carb and don't get the sugar cravings. Also carbs are quite calorific so cutting them out reduces your calorie intake. We have normal main meals nut with veg instead of pasta or rice or potatoes and it is working really well.
There's a whole section on mn about LCHF. I really recommend taking a look.

twinkledag Sat 04-Nov-17 08:12:35

Low carb!

Hippadippadation Sat 04-Nov-17 12:33:47

Low carb, high fat for me as well. I was a sugar addict & it's completely killed my sugar cravings. Better skin, hair & nails, cellulite gone, acne cleared. As well as losing weight and being back to a weight I last saw in my early 20s. Amazing.

RunningOutOfCharge Sat 04-Nov-17 13:04:25

I lost5 stone low carbing. Very effective

JumpingIntoLCHF Sat 04-Nov-17 14:18:29

Yes effective and not difficult. Worth looking at Tom kerridge and the Dopamine Diet. He lost 11 stone by basically ditching carbs.

WildBluebelles Sat 04-Nov-17 17:46:51

High carb, wholefood, vegetarian diet for me. Quite high in cals compared to some other plans, but worked for me. I lost 16 kilos, just over 2 stone.

EllieMentry Sat 04-Nov-17 17:53:05

Low carb, high fat works best for me, plus 16:8 (so eating within an eight-hour window and nothing after 7 or 8pm).

I got my weight to where I wanted it so I don't stick to this religiously any more but if I notice the number creeping up on the scales I go back to it for a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now