Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Got to lose weight

(8 Posts)
Acrosstheuniverse123 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:53:34

I am at my heaviest in my life. I need to lose 3 stones by May , i just can't go on like this. I have an under active thryroid and am post menopausal. Diet clubs have never worked for me, when I have lost weight in the past i have done so myself. Life has been particularly challenging for several years now and i am finding it very hard to motivate myself or find something that works. I hate points and eating 'diet' foods. I want something simple and easy. I don't eat junk or sugar, i exercise reguarly. I just don't understand why I am so overweight, but i must be eating too much. I don't drink sugary drinks, I rarely eat chocolate and hardly ever eat crisps or biscuits or cakes. It just doesn't seem fair.
What did you find worked for you?

ivykaty44 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:59:16

When was the last time you had your TSH tested and do you know the results? In figures?

Acrosstheuniverse123 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:44:28

I had the. Tested a few weeks ago and was told I need to reduce the dose of thyroxine. When I do this I feel absolutely terrible. So I up it again. Then get told I’m risking heart problems etc. I can’t win.

RunningOutOfCharge Tue 31-Oct-17 22:52:47

Well what is it you are eating? And how much exercise do you do?

ivykaty44 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:58:36

Was your TSH over 3 ? What was your T4

Yes you can risk heart problems and serious heart problems, that is correct as to much thyroxine speeds up your body including your heart rate

If you feel terrible then the medication isn’t working for you. In what way does your body feel terrible?

Acrosstheuniverse123 Wed 01-Nov-17 09:00:42

Just checked the TSH level was 0.06 a few weeks ago and 0.1 in May. I have no idea what this means though.

Acrosstheuniverse123 Wed 01-Nov-17 09:01:21

I feel incredibly cold, slow and sluggish. I literally struggled to get over stiles on walks. It was terrifying.

ivykaty44 Wed 01-Nov-17 09:38:14

normal range for TSH is between 1-4

Anything below 1 and your gp will be worried about you being over medicated and you will feel awful

You will have looser stools, faster heart rate, get irritated and possibly anxious, feel hot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now