Talk

Advanced search

What is your typical daily diet

(104 Posts)
adventuresinbabysitting Mon 30-Oct-17 15:09:51

If trying to lose weight?

Mine
Breakfast - "skinny brunch" eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach or weetabix, skimmed milk and berries

Lunch - egg or tuna salad sandwich (no mayo), yoghurt either protein yoghurt or low sugar

Dinner - anything and everything goes, but try and make it under 500 Kcals. Examples would be salmon and brown rice with veg, chicken and mash with veg, Marks "count on us" ready meal curry, chicken and halloumi salad, Spaghetti Bolognaise

Snacks - babybel lights, French fries (crisps), vodka lime & and soda, lots of water and sugar free squash

If knowing you should but not giving a flying falafel?

Breakfast: bacon sandwich

Lunch: cheese toastie

Dinner: Marks and Spencer Lasagne

Snacks - pizza blush wine, crisps, chocolate and jelly sweets

No wonder I need to lose so much!!

Share yours please

BitOutOfPractice Mon 30-Oct-17 15:16:25

I'd say that my breakfast is the same as yours - always an egg

Lunch: I try and avoid anything too carby (esp bread). Today it was soup and an ice lolly.

Dinner I always cook from scratch - tonight it's two types of veggie curry (paneer & pea, and sweet potato and spinach) with a small naan I didn't cook it myself, DP did last week but I'm taking credit as I got it out of the freezer

lirpaloof Mon 30-Oct-17 15:23:55

My 'trying to be healthy' diet is:
Breakfast - banana and spinach smoothie
Lunch - leftovers from previous night's dinner or salad with smoked mackerel and feta
Dinner - chicken and veg with sweet potato/curry with brown rice/spag bol with wholewheat pasta/chicken in mushroom sauce with brown rice

My 'couldn't give a flying falafel diet is:
Carbs. All the carbs. And wine. Oh and cheese.....

lirpaloof Mon 30-Oct-17 15:25:19

Forgot to say, I have boiled eggs as healthy snacks but I try to avoid snacks in general.

theredjellybean Mon 30-Oct-17 15:31:01

You have snacks when trying to lose weight?
Honest answer your diet menu would be too many calories to actually achieve much weight loss.
I don't eat breakfast at all, lunch is salad leaves with grated carrot, grated courgette, tomatos and half tin of tuna, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar dressing.
Dinner... Tuna steak, veg, occasionally pasta, for example tonight it's chicken baked in a tomato and aubergine sauce with a tablespoon of couscous.

That's it

Coffee skimmed milk
And I run 10-15kms three times a week.

That diet keeps me size 10-12.

Its harsh but you need a lot less food than people think

theredjellybean Mon 30-Oct-17 15:32:22

When I don't give a falafel... It's pizza and wine.
Cheese on everything
Crisps and more wine

adventuresinbabysitting Mon 30-Oct-17 15:35:30

I understand what works for some doesn't work for all...but that diet menu can come in at 1200 (with snacks) and that's low enough for me to lose weight smile

adventuresinbabysitting Mon 30-Oct-17 15:38:58

You really eat around 500 calories a day?! Every day?

adventuresinbabysitting Mon 30-Oct-17 15:40:13

I also like prawns as a snack when I am trying to be good

Gah81 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:46:04

Healthy:

Brown toast with avocado and an egg

Chorizo and bean stew/roast chicken salad (homemade)
A piece of fruit

Fish with veg/noodle soup (homemade)

I don't snack but I do allow myself to eat as much as I need to at mealtimes to feel full.

BitOutOfPractice Mon 30-Oct-17 15:58:21

theredjellybean that sounds very very low calorie indeed.

I actually laughed at "half a tin of tuna" and a "tablespoon of coleslaw".

It also sounds a boring as hell to me

BitOutOfPractice Mon 30-Oct-17 15:58:52

Sorry cous cous

I am fixated on colesalw blush

ExConstance Mon 30-Oct-17 16:09:21

I have been doing the blood sugar diet, I have been doing it for so long that I have completely forgotten how I used to eat.
Now:
Breakfast: poached egg on spinach or on gym mornings full fat natural yoghurt with berries and 5 almonds.

Lunch - salad with celery, carrots, red cabbage, so beans or chick peas and some protein - quorn cocktail sausages today but usually tofu, feta with roasted beetroot or boiled egg or mini omelette with quorn ham.

Dinner: vegetarian curry, chilli or butternut pasta with boiled cauliflower and several veg. Sometimes a bigger omelette or quorn fillets or steaks. lentil bolognaise is good too. pudding: berries or an apple.

Started some time in June and have now lost 2 stone and 5lb. This is not bad a when I was on holiday I didn't diet or on weekends away etc.

theredjellybean Mon 30-Oct-17 16:27:37

Your right it's dull as dishwater
But it comes in between 800 to 1000 calories depending on what I have for dinner and how many cups of coffee I eat.
Honestly the biggest problem in this country is we vastly under estimate calorie intake.
I am not obsessed and often think oh feck it and eat pizza and drink wine... Usually once a week and on Sundays do eat full roast but only ever one small potato and rarely eat pudding.
I just stop when I am full.... Which is quite quickly.
I haven't always been slim... I lost five stone about 6yrs ago
When I realised I ate too much even if it was healthy food, and I didn't eat because I was hungry, I ate for a myriad of other reasons.
Once I stopped over eating and only ate when I was hungry the weight fell off and stayed off

oldlaundbooth Mon 30-Oct-17 16:36:03

When I'm healthy I avoid bread and pasta.

So....

B: scrambled eggs, yogurt, melba toast and peanut butter
L: homemade soups, ex veg and lentil, or a massive salad with loads of protein, tuna, chicken, feta, boiled egg etc.
D: homemade curry /bbq meat and salad, jacket spuds and casseroles.

I bulk meals out with lots of veg. And lentils too, use squash lots too, I find it filling.

No wine, no sugar, fruit and hard boiled eggs if I need a snack.

Brutal but works.

BitOutOfPractice Mon 30-Oct-17 16:37:49

I know what you mean about a lot of people unwittingly over eating - portion sizes are so skewed now. I posted a picture of my breakfast a few weeks back on FB (I know! blush) - it was a poached egg, two rashers of bacon, a spoon of beans, a handful of mushrooms and a slice of wholemeal toast. I got loads of comments about how it wasn't enough - but it was 350 calories! Plenty for breakfast

But I'm not over or underestimating calories because I'm logging them all (currently 4 stone into a 5 stone target loss) and 800 calories a day, day in day out would not be enough for me, especially with the running too.

Like you say, horses for courses and well done on your weight loss

theredjellybean Mon 30-Oct-17 16:57:37

I am what is known in farming terms as a good doer.. Don't need much food.. Sadly as well menopause made it even worse.
Congratulations to you to if your 4 stone down that is fantastic.

HandbagKrabby Mon 30-Oct-17 17:05:59

Weetabix or porridge for breakfast, soup, salad or sandwich for lunch, average dinner prepared with as little added fat as possible. I have pudding with dinner and several snacks throughout the day and I’m losing weight but slowly. However, I want to lose weight slowly as ime if I do a more restrictive diet I lose weight more quickly but I can’t sustain it and I put it back on when I crack.

If I’m having a day off it’s usually that I’m going for a nice meal and if I’m doing that I’ll eat whatever I like off the menu and have wine and cocktails!

GrumpyOldBag Mon 30-Oct-17 17:11:18

Your daily diet OP is what I eat when I'm NOT trying to lose weight.

adventuresinbabysitting Mon 30-Oct-17 17:35:00

Haha really! I'm a greedy guts then! But I work in an office where they eat McDonald's and Chippy for lunch nearly every day, and chocolate for breakfast hmm so I feel pretty virtuous with my tuna sandwich on whole grain with no mayo wink

Ollivander84 Mon 30-Oct-17 17:35:05

Similar to theredjellybean
I fast for 14hrs a day

Today was
No breakfast
Protein shake for brunch
Late lunch of 100 cals hummus, one thin, 2 boiled eggs, half a cucumber, one chopped apple and 20 grapes
Mug of bouillon later on (15 cals)
Fasting from 5pm

Ollivander84 Mon 30-Oct-17 17:38:54

I should add today is a low calorie fast day so around 800 cals
A more "normal" fast day

B - one egg and a banana mashed to make pancakes, 100g Greek yog, handful strawberries
L - a thin, 2 boiled eggs with a tiny bit of mayonnaise, hummus 100 cal pot, cucumber, grapes, apple

Mini meal - protein shake and a light babybel

Then fast for 14hrs overnight

BitOutOfPractice Mon 30-Oct-17 17:40:32

So one "meal" a day Ollivander? Basically just a sandwich? I seriously don't know how you do that! I don't know whether to be envious or horrified to be honest.

Then again these threads do often get a little "competitive fasting"

Ollivander84 Mon 30-Oct-17 17:41:29

Pretty much. Have added that was a low cal day, I was aiming for an 800 cal fast day
My usual is more towards 1200/1300 cals

stitchglitched Mon 30-Oct-17 17:42:14

Also doing the blood sugar diet. I have no breakfast and only eat between 12-7pm. 800 to 1000 calories.

Lunch is scrambled eggs and mushrooms or a salad.
Dinner is fish or chicken with veg, or a baked aubergine with cheesy beans. Lots of olive oil.

Lost about 3 stone since April.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: