Talk

Advanced search

Comfort eating- good resources/books that help?

(4 Posts)
wheat32 Sun 29-Oct-17 09:38:00

After trying to get into an outfit this morning and not succeeding ( that fit fine before the summer) I have come to the conclusion that I am very much a comfort eater and was wondering if anyone knew of any good books/websites/ threads on Mumsnet that have helped them?

I've had quite a lot happen to me over the past few months, nothing high level, just moving house/renting issues/increase in hours at work but it seems enough just to knock me over the edge. I had done well with 5:2 and I'm struggling to get back into it again.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Mulch Sun 29-Oct-17 10:05:54

Peacemarking

Illtellyouwhatswhat10 Sun 29-Oct-17 10:13:03

Yes you can nail this! I am working my way out of this at the moment and it's going well smile

Two books (both authors also have websites but I suggest buy these and immerse yourself properly if you wish to understand the drivers behind comfort eating).

Read first: Brain over Binge by Kathryn Hansen for the theory
then Never Binge Again by Glenn Livingston for a practical approach.

Really recommend this from personal experience. Give it a try and good luck!

wheat32 Sun 29-Oct-17 19:01:22

Thanks @illtellyouwhatswhat10 I will have a look at those.

That's good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you continue to keep going. I think its such a hard thing when your normal fallback is biscuits/chocolate and these things are so cheap!! To try and get myself in gear before I gain even more weight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now