Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone walking for weight loss?

(5 Posts)
Gohackyourself Fri 27-Oct-17 18:15:48

Hi

After being told I’m a fat heffalump at the doctors and have gained 11lb in under a year- I have decided I need to get my arse in gear.
Haven’t got a lot of time due to LP to ds9 but figure may be able to squeeze 30 mins a day.
I like walking and can walk fast so my question is has anyone walked or is walking for weight loss?

MissConductUS Fri 27-Oct-17 18:39:08

Yes, and every little bit helps. I use the loseit! smartphone app to track calories and activity and it will pick up your steps automatically and figure them in to your daily totals.

As you probably know though, weight loss is mostly about restricting caloric intake. You can't outrun your fork.

Gohackyourself Fri 27-Oct-17 19:32:34

That’s funny but true.

Of course I will be watching my calories. I blame after being single for years and getting in to a relationship!! Lots of meeting for lattes!
Lattes are a meal in themselves !

wantawaistagain Sat 28-Oct-17 00:12:00

I have been trying to do 10,000 steps most days since September and I've been watching what I eat and have lost weight around my middle. I just have a cheap pedometer and I'm amazed at how little steps I do in a normal day if I don't fit in a walk.

Gohackyourself Sat 28-Oct-17 05:56:48

Wanta I’m ok for steps , I’m in job whereby because of its nature I normally do 10000/11000 steps a day anyway !
Definitely lessen up on lattes though daily (good for bank balance too) an move a bit more when Home.
As you can guess being on own at home doesn’t involve much sitting around but when I do finally sit I’ll normally accompany it with packet of crisp and chocolateshock around 9pm.

Incidentally I had a blood test too in august because was feeling fatigued etc most came back normal but low on vit d/b12/iron- since I’ve sorted that I feel able to add a bit to my day now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now