Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have issues with not being able to loose weight?

(3 Posts)
Babyangelfairy Tue 24-Oct-17 11:11:47

Feeling really shitty today as looking for some advise.
I’ve always had a tough relationship work food, could eat what I likes until I had my first child and then all I had to do was sniff a calorie from when she was about 3 and I’d gain a stone.
I had a second child and the struggle became more difficult. My mother has an extremely under active thyroid so I’ve been tested there a few times, yet I’ve tried food logs, seen a dietician, I’m always told I don’t eat enough. Yet the last two months I’ve kept a log of all I’ve eaten, worked out five times a week and I haven’t even lost one pound. I paid for a trainer and he’s analysed what I’m eating and keeps telling me not to by by the scales to go by my clothes..... yep they still right buddy.... I’m feeling like a failure as I feel like I’m really trying. Fallen catastrophically off my health W again today and binged eaten far too much thinking f*ck it, pushing myself to exercise (I’ve done regular gym, weights, swimming and kickboxing the last two months to mix it up) and eat healthy and for what?? May as well stuff my face and be miserable instead 😭 x

newmammyof2 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:26:38

I feel the same, always used to be a size 10 and now after DS2 am a 16 and it’s not budging. Trying to diet with two young kids isn’t easy and nor is working out but I’m doing what I can, when I can and cut out all junk/sweet/snacky kinds of food - still Nada 😭 I know I should be losing as before DS2 it would normally drop off me doing as I am doing.
I feel your pain. I hate my reflection and my body even though I keep reminding myself that I have 2 beautiful boys because of it I feel ugly as sin.
I went down the F**k it road a few weeks ago and you know what I felt so much worse for it. I’m just not happy in this body and have come to conclusion that while I have to do what I can in the mean time to get it back again I just think it’s a waiting game for us unlucky mummies who don’t “snap back”
I loved the gym before but DS1 isn’t in daycare or nursery and my 3 month old obviously doesn’t leave much time for working out. So waiting for the day my time frees up a little to give me time to go for a run etc
Hang in there. Stay positive. It may sound trivial to others but I know how you’re feeling. I cry about how I look and DH just looks at me like I’m mad lol
MIL assures me it’ll all drop off once my body is used to it’s new life and routine.

For now maybe go on a mini shopping spree? Some stores offer a free personal shopper to help so maybe choose a few outfits that make you feel good about yourself? Also everything looks better with a tan! So maybe try a spray or Home fake tan or a few sunbeds?

It is a struggle and I know I’ve not been much help but at least you know you’re not on your own.

Hope you start to feel better soon

flowersflowersflowers

newmammyof2 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:34:43

Btw what contraception (if any) do you use? Maybe could be an issue with you not losing weight?
Just an idea x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now