Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Had contraceptive implant affected anyones weigh loss?

(2 Posts)
newmammyof2 Mon 23-Oct-17 11:29:20

I’m 3 months PP after second C Section, I’m constantly on the move with 2 year old and 3 month old so don’t get time to sit down, I’m actively watching what I’m eating so not eating junk, sweets, pop etc, and not over eating portion/calorie wise but struggling badly with losing baby weight.

I’ve got a contraceptive implant which the dr said didn’t really affect weight much but saw my friend yesterday who’s had a gastric band for a few years (and done extremely well) and she said her doctors advised her to have her implant removed as (in her words) it’s making her cling to weight, not gain weight but just making it very difficult to lose any more.

Could this be the reason I’m struggling? Seem to be the exact same weight (13st6) every week I weigh but I know I should be losing from eating this way in the past?

Any advise xx

IheartCaptainHolt Mon 23-Oct-17 14:09:41

I got the implant a couple of months ago (DS2 is 5 months), I’m doing SlimmingWorld and it’s not had any effect at all. I’ve been losing 1.5/2 lbs a week for the last four months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now