Talk

Advanced search

Milestone birthday loss

(7 Posts)
titsbumfannythelot Sun 22-Oct-17 20:16:53

Has anyone lost 11/2- 2 stone before a ‘big’ birthday.

I have one in just over a years time and would like to shift that amount of weight.

Any hints/tips/strategies?

Weight dropout off after 1st baby but still struggling a couple of years after number 2. The lack of sleep/ exercise and sugar has really not helped at all but we have a much better sleeper now so no more excuses.

Plentyoffishnets Sun 22-Oct-17 20:22:35

I had an aim to lose 1.5 stone by my 40th (Last month) and started at new year. I did very low carb to begin with and lost the first stone within about 3 months, the next bit took forever. Partly due to various things making low carbing difficult to do, but I also realised I lost more weight by mixing up low carb, medium carb and normal days. Finally got where I wanted to be a couple of weeks after my birthday. Now to make sure it doesn't slowly start creeping on again!!

titsbumfannythelot Sun 22-Oct-17 20:24:54

Brilliant. Well done, hope you had a lovely birthday smile

titsbumfannythelot Mon 23-Oct-17 08:32:55

Morning bump for any other ideas.

HairsprayBabe Mon 23-Oct-17 08:36:12

Try the Blood Sugar Diet - lower carb mediterranean style eating with pulses but no refined carbs.

I lost 5st in just over a year.

GeekyWombat Mon 23-Oct-17 08:57:51

I’ve not got to my big birthday yet (it’s next year!) but I had six stone to lose before then and it is the line I’ve drawn in the sand. I’m at four stone now and I’ve been using Lose It to do a low calorie diet, with a Fitbit and some exercise classes on the side. I’m making slow work of the last two stone but hoping I can get there. Trying to tell myself it’s a marathon not a sprint!

titsbumfannythelot Mon 23-Oct-17 19:49:13

Significant weight losses there, well done.

Will have a look into blood sugar diet and lose it, although 800 calories a day sounds challenging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now