Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done joe wicks ?

(13 Posts)
Glamorousglitter Sat 21-Oct-17 22:34:18

Thinking of it but a bit scared of the food prep needed ? Anyone with kids and working ft managed to incorporate it into their lives and found it successful ?

JamieFrasersArse Sat 21-Oct-17 22:39:30

Tempting but he'd have to keep his mouth shut as I can't bear to listen to his voice!

Hobbes8 Sat 21-Oct-17 22:41:19

I've done some of his YouTube work outs and they're pretty good and you can get a decent workout in 20 minutes. I've bought his first book and there's some nice recipes in there. I've tried low carb and found it a bit restrictive, so it's nice to think I can have carbs if I work out first.

Dailystuck71 Tue 24-Oct-17 21:58:11

I signed up in January. Did phase one. Lost jack shit. Quite a bit of processed food unfortunately and a tonne of prep is required. It took most of my Sunday which is shit when you have kids.

Fantasticmissfoxy Tue 24-Oct-17 21:59:24

Don't pay for it - total waste of money. I've started using the 'figure magician' book and have had much more success

RJnomore1 Tue 24-Oct-17 21:59:27

I do his recipes when I'm high protein and lifting a lot of weights but not for weight loss. Very tasty and easy enough, most are easily done in 15 minutes.

Minidoghugs Tue 24-Oct-17 21:59:34

I want to make a joke about this thread title thlgrin

RJnomore1 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:01:42

Arf!

I've still doing him!grin

The food prep itself is pretty simple but the ingredients are also pretty pricey- having said this, a typical curry/canneloni recipe makes enough for 6 portions easily. Ideal for freezing!

Never so much wanted another takeaway as his recipes are so tasty and I lost a good stone in weight after 2 months! Definitely recommend the red and blue books.

I'm

Pinkvici22 Mon 30-Oct-17 22:30:16

I’ve just started doing him wink

Yes it’s a lot of prep, but I definitely feel better after nearly 2 weeks. I work FT (and long hours including extra work at home) in a very demanding job. I’ve spent the last 2 Sunday’s cooking (get DC involved), and have been getting up at 5.30am to do the HIIT workouts 3 times a week then squeezing in 1/2 workouts at the weekend. I don’t have a very supportive OH either, so it is doable!

Glamorousglitter Tue 31-Oct-17 16:48:31

I ve signed up and started too. Recipes are very tasty. They re different to what s in the book - I m liking the workouts but they feel very short (I m used to running for40 mins or doing a class for 40-60 mins!) love that I can do it at home tho. Haven’t missed chocolate (yet) and even managed to stay booze free which I plan to for at least the first month but will need a cheat day as have a friends birthday next month.

Pinkvici22 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:49:45

Well done Fab - let me know how you’re getting on.

I missed lunch today and ended up having a protein flapjack (shop bought not on Plan), and I do have a couple of boozy nights out in November but I think if I can maintain it 90% of the time and keep up the exercise,that should be ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now