Talk

Advanced search

Hypnotherapy for Weight loss

(12 Posts)
Glovebug Tue 17-Oct-17 21:20:30

Has anyone tried this? How did it go?

I've been struggling with my weight now for a while and whilst I know what I should be eating I struggle massively with cravings and staying on track. When I do manage to focus I see good results but it doesn't take much for me to fall back in to bad habits.

I've recently seen some adverts for a local hypnotherapy centre and trying to decide wetter it's worth a go

Fatbird71 Wed 18-Oct-17 10:31:42

Tried this a few years back. I found the first two sessions really good and lost a couple of stone. The final session was supposed to be the fitting of a virtual gastric band but this really didn't work for me.

Glovebug Wed 18-Oct-17 12:45:29

Thanks fatbird did it help you keep the weight off?

WonderfulWomenRock Wed 18-Oct-17 12:51:23

There is a Virtual Gastric Band Ap. Many people have had success with (Easyloss?)

I didn't lose any weight - it's not magic- you still have to modify your habits and eating. But it did help me to relax, eat healthier and sleep really well.

wizzywig Wed 18-Oct-17 12:52:24

Tried the easyloss. Its great for sleep!!! Ive tried 2 different practioners but nothing happened

MothershipG Wed 18-Oct-17 12:54:50

I have lost weight with LCHF but have been really struggling to lose the last few pounds and with horrible sugar cravings.

Tried hypnotherapy and lost 70 pounds, unfortunately the currency kind, it hasn’t helped at all.

Glovebug Wed 18-Oct-17 13:58:49

Thanks all. I will try the easyloss app. My sleep is terrible so hopefully it will help with that too.

I'm starting to get back in to the midset of eating healthy and exercising at the moment so hoping the app can aid that further

I can see two easyloss apps, one for £4.99 and one for £6.99. One is version 3 but not sure about the other. Anyone know what the difference is?

WonderfulWomenRock Wed 18-Oct-17 14:04:09

they have a FB group who can answer questions

Glovebug Wed 18-Oct-17 14:08:54

Great, thanks Wonderful

redexpat Wed 18-Oct-17 16:31:43

On the basis that I stopped biting my nails with an app I would go for one of the happy app company ones.

MilibandStoleMySonsName Fri 03-Nov-17 10:26:31

I've just started using the easyloss virtual gastric band, it's only been a couple of days but I'm finding it easy. The main principles are to only eat when you're hungry and to stop eating when you're no longer hungry.
I've a lot to lose so hopefully I'll still be finding it easy in a year.

sarahbell020608 Thu 09-Nov-17 21:59:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now