Talk

Advanced search

Need motivation to get started!!

(6 Posts)
mumofthreesmallmen3 Mon 16-Oct-17 18:29:40

I really need some motivation! I've put on quite a bit of weight this year, and keep telling myself I will start next week/ tomorrow etc but it keeps getting pushed back because of an event or just because really! I'm the heaviest I've been in a long time at about 11.5 stone and I'm quite short so it shows, I used to be 8 - 9 stone and I feel dreadful now. All my clothes are too tight and nothing fits! I really need to do this now.. any tips for motivating myself just to start and sticking to it?? I've lost weight a few times but I just can't seem to start properly this time. I split from my partner around 4 months ago so I guess I've been giving myself a easy time because of that but I'm not feeling good about myself so need to do something about it!!

Gemi33 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:16:55

Wish I could advise but I'm exactly the same. A couple of years ago I was 9 stone and I have piled the weight on, especially this year and I am now 12st something and feel so embarrassed. None of my clothes fit. I went through a break up this year and I am having a really stressful time at work. I am continually trying to lose weight but giving up. I have no idea why I can't get motivated when I'm feeling so awful. I now have a holiday in 6 weeks and it feels too late to lose much weight and I'm so angry with myself for not sticking with it earlier.

Why can't I do this??

xx

rachbarr22 Mon 23-Oct-17 09:30:33

I was thinking of starting a FB group where we can support each other, suggest exercises, recipes, tips and motivation etc.

If anyone is interested I’ll make one smile

ppeatfruit Mon 23-Oct-17 13:39:18

I've been there but have lost the 3 stone on The Paul Mackenna way of eating also I'm maintaining. it's just the best because you can do it whenever (you can go off it for a week or so) and just go straight back on it! No rubbish diet foods or clubs, etc. You actually change why you eat , when you eat and HOW you eat, it helps with emotional issues too. You learn to accept yourself.

TheChristmasFaery Wed 25-Oct-17 08:19:43

Is the Paul M a book?

ppeatfruit Sun 29-Oct-17 11:09:00

The Christmas Yes and a CD DVD The one I use is the 'I Can Make You Thin" One he does others though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: