Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done intermittent fasting?

(2 Posts)
pyjamapyjama Fri 06-Oct-17 10:25:13

I was thinking about starting intermittent fasting, the idea is that you skip breakfast & eat as normal between 12-7 (or a 6 to 8 hr period) . Your body is supposed to then burn through your stores of fat whilst you're "starving"

I usually skip breakfast anyway because Im always rushing to get out the door/get my 8mo DS to nursery/get to work and uni etc. So I thought I'd give it a go but I'm not sure if anything isn't allowed/what you can drink etc, DP said diet drinks wouldnt be allowed because they mess up the body's fat burning process?

Has anyone tried it?

Wishimaywishimight Sat 07-Oct-17 08:40:57

Hi there, I'm doing 16/8 so generally finish dinner around 8/8.30pm then don't eat until 12.30/1pm the next day. It only took me a few days to get accustomed and I find it very easy to stick to - I don't see it as a diet so will keep going long term.

I drink a lot of water, at least a litre up to lunchtime. I drink green tea as soon as I get into work and then have a peppermint tea around 10.30/11am. I don't have much weight to lose so usually find it a very slow process but I have lost 4lbs in 3 weeks and am delighted with that. I have found my appetite overall has reduced since starting IF so am eating less snacks and slightly smaller portions too though, not sure if everyone finds that. Overall I think it works great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now