Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done intermittent fasting?

(2 Posts)
pyjamapyjama Fri 06-Oct-17 10:25:13

I was thinking about starting intermittent fasting, the idea is that you skip breakfast & eat as normal between 12-7 (or a 6 to 8 hr period) . Your body is supposed to then burn through your stores of fat whilst you're "starving"

I usually skip breakfast anyway because Im always rushing to get out the door/get my 8mo DS to nursery/get to work and uni etc. So I thought I'd give it a go but I'm not sure if anything isn't allowed/what you can drink etc, DP said diet drinks wouldnt be allowed because they mess up the body's fat burning process?

Has anyone tried it?

Wishimaywishimight Sat 07-Oct-17 08:40:57

Hi there, I'm doing 16/8 so generally finish dinner around 8/8.30pm then don't eat until 12.30/1pm the next day. It only took me a few days to get accustomed and I find it very easy to stick to - I don't see it as a diet so will keep going long term.

I drink a lot of water, at least a litre up to lunchtime. I drink green tea as soon as I get into work and then have a peppermint tea around 10.30/11am. I don't have much weight to lose so usually find it a very slow process but I have lost 4lbs in 3 weeks and am delighted with that. I have found my appetite overall has reduced since starting IF so am eating less snacks and slightly smaller portions too though, not sure if everyone finds that. Overall I think it works great.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: