Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weight loss

(4 Posts)
Wildernesswandering Mon 18-Sep-17 14:58:00

I am putting on more and more weight after a sedentary summer recovering from an operation. I have never been so heavy!!!

I used to be very slim but have steadily put on weight, never actually losing any between having 3 children. I am 5,6" and weight 80kg.

I had some success following the Scarsdale diet but found it difficult to maintain. The low calorie aspect left me exhausted and I have a busy time working and juggling children etc.

I want to combine a healthy diet with exercise but am looking for a plan which is very straight forward to follow!

Does anyone have any ideas, I would be very grateful. I need a new healthy life plan!

FlightyMare Fri 22-Sep-17 18:17:50

Hi, I'm following a healthy eating plan and I'm not counting calories or weak with hunger like I have been with other plans. It's 3 filling meals a day, with the option of 1 or 2 snacks when I need it. I've paid for my plan, but I'm sure you could plan yourself 3 meals a day if you've got time. I usually have porridge with fruit for breakfast, or sometimes a fruit and yogurt smoothie, or occasionally poached eggs and toast at the weekend. I take a big salad with lots of protein to work for lunch, or make a bin pan of veg soup at the weekend and have a portion of that with a granary roll. Dinners are family-friendly things that we all eat together - we're having spicy pasta bake tonight for example. I think if you spend the time planning at the weekend, you could get organised with your meals for the week.

Cutting out sweet snacks has been the biggest change for me, and the one that's really helped. I'm now eating my meals when I'm hungry for them, so they're more enjoyable, rather than endlessly snacking all afternoon and then not really being hungry for my tea!

As for exercise, I personally prefer to go to exercise classes at my gym as I know I'm getting a full workout and I actually enjoy them, but just find something you enjoy doing. I've attempted to start running regimes on numerous occasions, but I just don't like it so I always end up giving up! I'd much rather walk for 40 minutes than run for 15, but everyone's different.

Hope this helps, and good luck x

Mivery Fri 22-Sep-17 21:26:27

I'd recommend checking out Beachbody's 21 Day Fix: www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/21-day-fix-simple-fitness-eating.do

It's a great program because there's both an exercise and meal plan covered. Easy to follow and if you stick with it and don't cheat you'll see results quicker than you think! Their blog has a great post that covers a lot of the beginner questions too: www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/21-day-fix-hub

Hippywannabe Sun 29-Oct-17 16:41:08

@Mivery how are you getting on with it? Just about to sign up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now