Help! Completely stuck!

(6 Posts)
Mudmagnetoftheworld Mon 18-Sep-17 07:58:56

Hoping to get some clues as to what I'm doing wrong.

I'm 5ft 9 and had a starting weight of 14.6.
Started losing weight at the beginning of May by loosely following the BSD. The weight of easily at first, a bit up and down but in the right direction.
I went on hols at the the end of July at 13.5 and decided to just try and maintain it over the holiday. All good.

I fell off the wagon slightly over the school holidays but managed to maintain my loss.
But now it's back to the usual routine and it just won't budge!

I'm doing low carb, no sugar, trying to drink more water (not always achieving it) using MFP my cals are low. Making time for some good,long hilly hikes a couple of times a week.

Weight staying the same. What's changed?

OP’s posts: |
Mudmagnetoftheworld Mon 18-Sep-17 10:03:13

Nobody?
Or are we all in the same boat?...

OwlinaTree Tue 19-Sep-17 19:36:39

Try eating some different meals, sometimes that shakes up your metabolism.

Mudmagnetoftheworld Thu 21-Sep-17 19:10:44

Hello Owlina! Thanks for the reply.
I will give that a try.

I’ve tried really low cal 800-900 with no luck, really odd that it won’t come off!!

OwlinaTree Thu 21-Sep-17 20:45:51

See I would never go that low, it's not maintainable.

OliviaD68 Fri 22-Sep-17 08:00:42

How much protein do you eat per day in grams? Over around 1g per kg of muscle mass (40 to 60 g for women), the body will use the excess to convert to sugar. Gluconeogenesis is the process

What is you average daily calorie intake (net of exercise)? Low cal is not the answer for many reasons.

Net grams of carbs per day? Need to be below 20g / 30g per day or so to get into ketosis if you're on low carb.

Do you snack? Snacking spikes insulin and prevents glucagon which signals to the liver to break your fat down. Eliminate all snacking

Away from this and assuming you're doing things right a few thoughts:

1) it will take time for your body to get back into ketosis after a holiday break

2) some people seem to replace fat with water in their fat cells (so goes the theory), then all of a sudden lose the water weight overnight through what they call a 'whoosh'. I have not found a great deal of science behind this but it does seem to be a phenomenon

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in