Talk

Advanced search

I was a size 8 in my 20s, size 10 in my 30s, size 12 in my 40s...

(5 Posts)
MikazaMikaza Sat 09-Sep-17 07:41:55

I am now 47 years old and I want this to stop now. I am only 5.2" and feel miserable at my current weight. I hate it and can't fully enjoy life because of it. I already don't eat starchy carbs; unfortunately I cannot say the same thing about sugar and alcohol. What I find really hard to cope with is the feeling of hunger, so I never stick to anything. A couple of months ago I tried the LCHF and ended up putting on weight. Aarrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!

OP’s posts: |
honeyroar Sun 10-Sep-17 18:21:21

I read this but am embarrassed to say I've gone up a size a decade too, but started off at 12-14!! I'm practically the same age as you, I'm determined to resolve it by 50s. I've been doing no sugar this year and am just going into my second dress size down, despite only losing 21lbs so far.

MikazaMikaza Sun 10-Sep-17 18:37:40

A loss is a loss honey! What do you typically eat in one day?
Oh and thank for replying!!

OP’s posts: |
honeyroar Sun 10-Sep-17 19:57:57

I'm veggie, so mainly veggie curries with rice or cous cous, veg pasta dishes, frittatas, salads. Breakfast, either porridge if I'm being good, or low sugar granola with Greek yoghurt and berries. Homemade soups or sandwiches for lunch. My hunger starver has turned out to be berries or grapes with full fat Greek yoghurt (I'm addicted to it!).

There's a sugar free thread on here that may give more ideas. I've just cut processed sugars, so cut choc and biscuits (I ate a lot!) and tried to eat homemade food and lots of fruit.

NeonFlower Sun 10-Sep-17 21:10:06

I would suspect that dieting is causing your set point weight to increase, although of course some weight gain is normal in getting older.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in