Talk

Advanced search

3 week, 3-4lb weight loss support thread anyone?

(11 Posts)
RHOLST39 Mon 28-Aug-17 11:41:12

I would like to loose 3 or 4lb over the next 3 weeks before a hen party then mini childfree break! Anyone care to join me? I'm a horrific crispahollic!! Xxx

OP’s posts: |
rooella Mon 28-Aug-17 11:45:47

Me!

I have less than 3 weeks until my holiday. I also have a big event on Saturday which will make it tricky.

Are you following a particular diet?

RHOLST39 Mon 28-Aug-17 11:59:34

I'm going to do my fitness pal, it says I can have 1330 cals and loose 1.5lb a week? I will exercise too, how about you? Xx

rooella Mon 28-Aug-17 13:19:56

I'm also using myfitness pal. I've lost half a stone over the past few months. Unfortunately my waist doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.

I was having 1600 calories and losing 1lb per week but I'm going to reduce to 1400 for the next few weeks. Can hopefully do some extra exercise. I sit at work all day which doesn't help.

NewYearNewNickname Mon 28-Aug-17 15:32:16

Me! I weighed myself today and was really disappointed. Tbh I knew it wasn't going to be good as jeans have felt tighter so as of today I am going to have a very strict few weeks to kick start losing half a stone (want to be under 10)

Not following a plan, just good old fashioned calorie counting which always seems to work when I want to shift a few pounds, plus more activity.

Took the dog out for a long walk this morning and have so far today had a boiled egg, a pear and a bowl of homemade veg soup. Dinner is going to be a quorn mozzarella and pesto escalope and salad which will total about 650 cals. Most days won't be this strict, generally aiming for 1100 with a few very low cal days like today thrown in.

Have a friend from uni staying on Thurs evening which involves dinner out and probably lots of wine plus it is my sisters 40th party on Sat so hoping the very low cal days will compensate!!

Am jealous of losing weight at 1600!!! Mfp tells me 1200 to lose 1lb per week!

rooella Mon 28-Aug-17 17:46:38

It gives me 1200 calories too but I changed it and used TDEE method. The reason it's taken so long is because I keep stopping and having to restart.

I find it so hard at weekends. I've been pretty good so far to day.

What do you eat when you only have 1200 calories?

RHOLST39 Mon 28-Aug-17 18:58:22

MFP says I can have 1200 and loose 2lb a week? I do exercise approx 3/4 days a week. I will prob have toast no butter with a tin of toms, soup or jacket, low cal ready meal or omelette, something like that. Xx

NewYearNewNickname Tue 29-Aug-17 20:44:29

I usually split it something like 200 breakfast, 400 lunch and 500 dinner and 100 for a snack.

Came in around 1000 cals yesterday as added a couple of wedges to my dinner and had a protein bar from the gym.

Today I have had a bowl of porridge, homemade veg soup and a protein bar and the same dinner as last night but without the wedges so around 1000 cals again today, maybe slightly under. Lots of walking but I currently have a rotary cuff injury which is really limiting my exercise and is really frustrating me as it has been like this for about 3 weeks and is partly why I have put on a few pounds (though I can't blame it all on that!!!)

Hope you've both had a good day

PugwallsSummer Tue 29-Aug-17 20:51:57

Can I join?

I've been on several weight loss threads since Jan - graduating from one to another. This, I hope, is my last one.

Started dieting in Jan, had 3 stone to lose after having DD2. Am now 3Ib away from target - but have stalled since June!! I have come this far but keep sabotaging myself! However, I am determined to shed the last few pounds before a wedding at the end of Sept.

I eat healthily but do minimal exercise (other than walking school run with DD1). I also aim to drink 1.5 litres per day. I tend to post what I have eaten each day on the thread I'm on, as knowing I will be sharing keeps me on the straight and narrow - hope you don't mind!

RHOLST39 Tue 29-Aug-17 23:00:25

I've had 1350 call but done a gym class and a 7 HR shift on my feet (nurse). Good enough for my first day. Keep going ladies. Xx

RHOLST39 Tue 29-Aug-17 23:01:30

I tend to do a 400, 400, 300 cal split as I'm hungry earlier in the day. Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in