Talk

Advanced search

How can I get rid of the last 20lbs?! Plateau hit big time and I need ideas and a kick

(2 Posts)
MrBloomIsActuallyAttractive Fri 18-Aug-17 18:09:43

Hi all!
I recently lost 3stone, a couple of months ago, as I had my son 1 year ago, I ballooned in pregnancy, lost most quite quick and then regained it all as I breastfed for 7 months and could not stop eating!
I went on holiday after my 3 stone loss, happy by knowing I needed to lose more, I'm 5ft 8, weighing 11stone 11lbs. I eat varying between 1000 and 1400 a day, I weigh all food and everything gets tracked on my fitness pal. I also 3 weeks ago started running/gym/weights. Try to do every day, haven't missed anymore than one day in a row so far.
But I appear stuck! My fat mass is going down, but my weight is not shifting at all?!
What else can I do? I fear if I go below 1000 calories I won't survive, it will make me tired and I won't function. I'm only 24 and feel like I have the metabolism of a 900 year old!

OP’s posts: |
Sparrowlegs248 Sat 19-Aug-17 22:57:42

Start measuring as well as weighing. I put on half a stone in two months when I was running, and upped from 5k to training for 10k. Running three times a week. I looked slimmer, clothes fit better but I was heavier.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in